Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can u treat yourself with CBT at home ??

Re: Can u treat yourself with CBT at home ??

I've tried Moodgym... the essence of it is good but as a lot of anxiety stems from things that are so deep in our thoughts and we do not really understand our thoughts process when we go into our panics ...I'm not sure what I think.

Anything that gives us ideas is great and I'm sure we can take things from it but personally I know that when I am not in panic I do think why or if only I had..but once in one ..that logic does not kick in at all...so for me one to one treatment is the way to go... not sure what to say about Moodgym...think that sometimes it puts all the emphasis on it being our problem but doesn't really go into senarios that we are not in control of or other peoples behaviour... I've not heard of the living life to the full website ..but will certainly go in and take a look... like I say if there is any hope I will grab at it...but it is the fast thought process that we don't sometimes grab that we need that one to one on ..and that real person saying things that are personal to our own circumstance...

Wishing you all the best and hope it does work for you truly

Had to come back and say that living life to the full a much better site than mood gym...definitely worth popping in and registering ...

Hiya. Ive only been suffering with this 2 1/2 weeks, in its heightened phase, although im sure looking back I have had anxiety and panic attacks before but just did not label them. ive seen my gp, been put on tablets and have been referred for CBT. I too have been told ive got to wait for cbt. im looking at 14 weeks before treatment starts. That in itself caused me to panic. im now using a website called getselfhelp.co.uk. where you can do diy cbt. So far, so good. its a 60 page bookelt and has some brill info in it. I am nervous about doing it myself and I know that i have got some triggers that can only be dealt with by someone trained but im thinking, if i can at least tackle some of the smaller issues, Ill be able to function better. you should have a look at the site, as ive only just started doing the first worksheets but my rational mind can already see, how irrational my thoughts and behaviour are in the midst of my panic.

Welcome! CBT4Panic is the best. Most people who use it on this forum (a link to the info is under my pasty bit) have a lot of success. It is an online course created by an experienced CBT therapist. You get a 30 day free trial but I payed the full amont as it is well worth it.
    If you are short of pennies I would recomend Claire Weekes's book Self Help For Your Nerves.
    How about making a post in the "introduce yourself" section?
    Take care

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

also some very good (free) self-help workbooks here

http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/

if you feel like working thro stuff yourself

thetube82

An waiting to c a counsellor/ CBT for my phobia of vomiting I just want to live a normal life for once am sick of suffering everyday even the slightest sound or movement in my stomach kicks my phobia n anxiety off

I second PanchoGoz, CBT4PANIC is an excellent programme. It's easy to understand and follow, you can do it in your own time at your own pace and you can easily do it from home. There is email support if you need it and, Robin, the therapist who's programme it is, sometimes comes on NMP so you can always leave him a PM if needed.

Having been agoraphobic and totally housebound since 2004, I am now making steady progress using CBT4PANIC. It's excellent value for money, there are easy payment plans too to match any budget

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information