Thread: Colonoscopy worry

Colonoscopy worry

my gp has referred me to have a colonoscopy . Due to bloody stool and mucous jelly like discharge streaked with blood . I'm 29 and have been having these symptoms for ages. Have my colonoscopy in October . Really afraid they will find something bad . Anybody have any reassurance

Re: Colonoscopy worry

The fact it's not scheduled until October is a sure indication to the urgency your GP feels (NOT urgent at all!). At 29, the chances of this being anything sinister are extremely slim to none and are most likely anxiety related digestive issues.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I had the same and after making myself ill because of fear of what I totally assumed it was...it turned out to be Hpilory and internal piles. All I can say is no point suffering before hand xxx

Seems to be a lot of people on here with anxiety and also suffering stomach problems, I've had a lot of those tests done although not the colonoscopy yet!
    I'm sure everything will be ok but in the mean time the stress will not help these problems so try not to think about it all to much, there's nothing you can do till you have had the test and results back, also if the doctors were very concerned I'm sure they would send you for the test sooner. You are not alone with your symptoms!!

Thanks for the replies . I went initially to my doctor back in March and it's only now that I'm getting the date of the colonoscopy . So I guess if it was urgent I wouldn't be waiting this long . Still tho, I'm a big worrier . But no point in worrying until I've something to worry about I guess

Quote Originally Posted by missykat View Post
    Thanks for the replies . I went initially to my doctor back in March and it's only now that I'm getting the date of the colonoscopy . So I guess if it was urgent I wouldn't be waiting this long . Still tho, I'm a big worrier . But no point in worrying until I've something to worry about I guess
    Exactly! The procedure is a piece of cake too. The prep is the worst part. Just make sure to have a good book or your laptop charged and stay close to the bathroom

Again, I'm 100% confident all will be well based on the non-urgency of the appointment. Sounds like he's just covering the bases and doing it for your reassurance.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I agree with Mark. I had a colonscopy in December I was so scared but it was a piece of cake.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information