Hi. I'm new to this forum & am hoping to find some reassurance with a symptom I have that's worrying me.

I'm a 38 year old male & in mid-2009 I started feeling a strange 'pricking' sensation in my throat, which turned to an ache, not like a sore throat but a dull pain.

After a few consultations with my GP I was referred for a CT scan, which took place at the end of November 2009, by which time the 'ache' was not really noticeable. The scan showed no abnormalities.

I was sysmptom free until around September 2010 when I started to get an intermittent, shooting ache which appeared to be on the right hand side of my throat, close to to the bottom right of my Adam's Apple, although I have been unable to feel (with fingers) exactly where the ache is ie it's not tender to the touch.

There would be days when I wouldn't experience the ache & on other days I might only feel it once or twice. However, in the past couple of weeks I've been feeling it regularly, sometimes every couple of minutes & on occasions the ache 'tickles' my throat & makes me cough.

To give you a bit of background about myself, I am a generally healthy person, not overweight, a non-smoker but I am a social drinker. My main downfall is that I am a worrier, particularly when it comes to my health. However, as I'm often pointing out to my wife, I know when I feel right & I know when something doesn't feel right. A couple of weeks ago we moved house, which is obviously a stressful thing but I'm very happy & settled in our new home already. Plus, I was experiencing this ache long before we moved.

Once I've registered at the new surgery I think it's best if I talk to a GP about it but I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced anything like this &/or if anyone has any advice.