Thread: Fear of dying young?

Fear of dying young?

Hi guys, I've been thinking about my HA a lot recently. I'm turning 20 in just under a fortnight but I keep thinking all the time that I'm gonna die really soon :( My brother died when he was 20 so maybe it's my subconscious that's making me think in this awful way? I'm not really scared of dying but I'm terrified of dying young. I can't think of anything worse than being on my death bed and having so many regrets. I always think I have some kind of illness and then I starting thinking really negatively like "I'll never be able to get married" or "I won't have enough time to travel the world" and things like that. Just wandering if anyone else feels this way sometimes?

Re: Fear of dying young?

Andy I would say nearly all of us have felt that way at times it an awful thing fear ,but love its not supprising losing your brother so young ,have you had any help with coming to terms with your loss of your brother ,try to tell yourself you okay your well your suffering anxiety go and have a chat with your gp hun take care xx

I am sorry to hear about your brother and that could be what has brough on your fea. Have you had any therapy to help you? The probability is quite low so dont waste your life worrying about something that will probably not happen. Make the most of your life and set yourself a goal to enjoy it. Plan things you want to do and strife to fulfil the goals instead of dwelling on the negatives

I have had therapy for it yeah. And I used to see a psychologist when my HA started and she said in her opinion, the death of my brother probably caused it. He died in a motorcycle accident but I was only 7 at the time. I didn't really understand anything back then, nobody had explained the concept o death to me.

That must have been awful for you Andy. Maybe grief counselling woul be helpful to you and help yyou to deal with the concept of death better?

Andy I lost all three of my brothers at 6months old 15 years old and thirty one years old and I think what you are going through is very normal I also had this for a long time and felt afraid I'm now 50 years old and I still fear illness I think that you need grief counselling for help and understanding about your brothers passing losing a sibling is an awful thing but this fear will make you ill please sort out some counselling God bless

Thread Information