Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how many of you HA suffers are afraid of dying

Re: how many of you HA suffers are afraid of dying

I suppose we`re all scared of dying but like being born it`s a natural process that we won`t know much about. I mean, who is scared of going to sleep? It`s basically the same thing.
    Until we realise dying is part of existing and have a fear of it we`ll always have some fabricated religion to try sugar coat the whole thing.

Our allocated time slot on this planet is limited and such is life

I think most peoples HA comes down to a fear of death in some form... It's the last great unknown isn't it ... No-ones comes back to tell you what it's like if there's anything else or if it's just blackness.. I'm terrified of death in all forms if I hear someone young has died even if I don't known them I will go out of my way to found out how they died an if it's some kind of illness or sudden health related death it sets me off ... I'm in another country on holiday atm on the other side of the world an I'm in a right state just want to be home convinced something bad is going to happen an I'm going to die without seeing my daughter again and leave her without a mummy...life is so beautiful it's a shame to be like this

The only family member I have is my daughter she's 24 still lives with me and just split with her bf of 8yrs I'm 49 and my fear of dying is leaving my daughter with no other family member to help her deal I think if she was married with a home of her own I wouldn't be so scared the entire of my family as been wiped out by cancer so as you can imagine cancer is my fear particularly bowel cancer which I fear I have every single day

“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.”

Hello there,

I am new to the site, but this was the first post that caught my eye. Recently I've developed anxiety and panic disorder, and the main reason for my panic attacks is the eventual fact that we all must die someday. I think moreso though, my worries stem from whether I will die painfully and how I don't want to leave my husband behind, etc. It has plagued me nonstop for weeks now..

I hear the both of you there so many things that make it more s scarey not knowing when or how and who we have to leave xxx

I'm terrified. It's quite funny (in that it's really not funny and it makes every day hell sort of way!) but two months ago, I was sure I was the most aware of my own mortality than many people I knew and was at peace with it. A couple of twitches in my stomach a few weeks later, and I've had multiple crying fits over the fact I could be dying soon.

It's really hard to wrap our heads around. In a way I think things build up over a while. My long term neighbour died last year after a long illness and I noticed how little the world seems to change which set me off on a strange path. If I look at it rationally. A couple of months later, one of my mothers best friends passed due to a heart attack out of nowhere. And the same thing.

At the moment I envy the me of two months ago that was slightly lethargic with life but happy enough to be able to roll on to the computer every morning (not literally) and now that feels so hard.

We're all of us still alive, we have to remember that. Let's team up and tackle this debilitating HA demon once and for all.

Yes, Trish, it's the how and when that is the question. I have a big problem with this. I've lost a few friends in their thirties and I have a friend my age who is also dying. I watched my Father wither away in a painful end. I grew up with my Mother trying to fight Cancer. I am surrounded by illness and death. There is no good in my Life, it's all Hospital, looking after ill people, visits from Doctors and Nurses all the time and being with a Partner who is ill. I can't die, I have too many people to look after and I can't be ill, because there is no-one to look after me. It scares me so much and I know I should be living my Life. I have overcome the Health Anxiety thing, but the dying/death thing; well, I'm constantly asking myself; how much longer have I got left? How will I die? The pain of dying scares me too. I have seen so much pain with others, it has affected me real bad. Never used to be like this, think :Life has just been too painful lately. I wish I wasn't so sensitive. My Mother who is nearly 82 now, tells me to just live your Life and stop worrying about it. Easier said than done.

You can't live your life to the full if you are afraid of dying. You can't avoid dying either, or, in the main, choose you manner of death, so it's a pointless exercise worrying about it.

I know a lady, a friend of my grandmother, who has had HA all her life. We used to dread her coming round and having to listen to her woes.

I found out the other week that she's 90. All those years spent worrying (and, for all I know, still worrying) yet she's had a long life and was clearly fighting fit all those years ago when she was convinced she was ill.

Don't end up like her!

Good point Brunette.

Yep very good point x

---------- Post added at 16:56 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

But we will all carry on being afraid xx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information