Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Acid Reflux...too much acid or too little?

Re: Acid Reflux...too much acid or too little?

You're welcome x

I also have GERD and anxiety. I use omeprazole daily.

I'm hearing more now about our your gut/digestion may be a CAUSE of anxiety.

I can't post links yet. But, search up "second brain and anxiety" for more info.

I second the apple cider vinegar remedy! I had such horrible painful acid reflux that I thought it was something serious. I started drinking this mixture and in 2 days everything felt normal again.

1 table spoon organic apple cider vinegar (unfiltered, raw, etc...sometimes I use more than 1 table spoon)
    1 spoon honey (I havent really found that the amount matters)
    mix these into decaf peppermint tea

I drink this once in the morning and once at night, its supposed to take a while to help but for me it worked pretty quick.

I was looking at apple cider vinegar recently as I've been having some issues with acid and wondered whether the tablets are any good? I understand there is some debate over whether the mother makes its in there with it being freezer dried powder.

What is the best way to flavour/dilute it? Honey seems to be mentioned a lot and I understand why the enzymes are not affected by it (honey being an antibacterial would kill probiotics so you can't use it in kefir) but is there are certain volume of water you need with it? I was reading it around a pint to dilute the taste but it seems excessive to me.

I was also looking at milk thistle as I am concerned about my fatigue issues and wondered whether a bit of liver support would be a good idea? I know my medication puts strain on the liver and I'm tired a lot thesedays. I've heard milk thistle is also good for acid issues.

Quote Originally Posted by iwanttofeelbetter View Post
    I second the apple cider vinegar remedy! I had such horrible painful acid reflux that I thought it was something serious. I started drinking this mixture and in 2 days everything felt normal again.

1 table spoon organic apple cider vinegar (unfiltered, raw, etc...sometimes I use more than 1 table spoon)
    1 spoon honey (I havent really found that the amount matters)
    mix these into decaf peppermint tea

I drink this once in the morning and once at night, its supposed to take a while to help but for me it worked pretty quick.
    I'm going to try this as I prefer natural remedies over drugs. Doctor put me on Omeprazole and it caused dizziness... not for me. I'd like to get off of it although when I do, acid pains come back.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information