Thread: Chylmidia test...

Chylmidia test...

Ok so when I was 23-24 I had a free test come through the post so I took it and got my text thru "lydia says all clear". Now im 25 and i looked online to find a free test but they all for up to 24 year olds. So i wondered if because im over 24 does this mean i have to go 2 clinic and have it done instead? If u wouldnt mind PMing me to let me know, id much appreciate it

Re: Chylmidia test...

if you got a mate whos 24 ask her to use her name its easy
    god bless

I'm not in the U.K..but I am sure there is clinics out there that offer free testing. Here in the states they have volunteer doctors setting up clinics in low income areas..you have to get there super early to be seen.

I take it that you don't have the funds/heath insurance to go to a regular clinic?

You can go along to your local GUM clinic, your GP will be able to refer you. The test is quick and painless ( well it is for women, for men its not so much fun ! )

Hi
    Hope this helps. I work in sexual health. You were offered a test at 24 cos this is a national screening programme to test all 15- 24 yr olds. Some areas sent out letters to everyone in that age group. However whatever age you are you can still get a chlamydia test free from either a family planning/ contraceptive clinic,a GUM clinic or your gp. You don't need a referral to a family planning or GU clinic..most areas have drop- ins..it's all confidential and if you want to you can use a false name,as long as the clinic can contact you with results..most will give you results over the phone. I'm new to the site so don't know how to do pm ...if you need more info let me know.It's not a good idea to use a friends name. I don't know where you live but there should be drop in clinics in your area.
    Hope this helps

Thread Information