Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funny taste in mouth which is worrying me.

Re: Funny taste in mouth which is worrying me.

oh and metallic taste is common- do a search for it - loads of posts - or scroll down to bottom of this page and u will see them

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I had similar symptoms a few years ago,I got the metalic taste first,then one side of my tongue went numb,then my right side of my face,it turned out to be bells palsy.It cleared after about two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by miss motown View Post
    hi reddevel i posted about the same thing last week.well i still have it weired taste a build up of slyver and a very strange feeling on my tongue ive also noticed my tongue gets quite sore have you been to see your gp and how long have you had this ive had it a good couple of weeks now but i did notice while i was away for the weekend i didnt have any of these symptoms but as soon as i got home they were there the following day so im begining to think it is anxiey i think it could well be the same for you
    Hi,

I noticed it last week but it kind of went away for a few days then reappeared.

I have not seen my doctor as my psychologist will not let me but I'm thinking of going today.

I woke up this morning and my tongue is white again and very dry.

Red

As well as being a symptom of anxiety, strange tastes in the mouth and particularly discolouration of the tongue and dry mouth can be caused by dehydration and/or poor diet. Not sure whether you've looked into dietary stuff?

I find my diet has an incredible impact on my anxiety, if I drink plenty of water, stay away from caffeine and sugary stuff and have plenty of fruit and veg I usually feel excellent after a couple of days. Hard to stick to for me as I have a mega busy life and a very sweet tooth!

Hello again,

I just wanted to say that I'm not sure it's oral thrush, though it's a possibility. It's just that I've had oral thrush before and it's VERY painful!! You really know you've got it!

x

Hi all,

I have just been to see my doctor.

He checked my mouth, kneck and stomach and said there are no nasty signs.

I then asked him about my tongue and he said it could of been burned from the acid.

I have been told to use something called graveson.

He said my last blood test was 3 months ago so I did not need another one but I have to do a stool sample.

I then went quiet and he said do not worry, it is usual procedure.

He said they will not put a camera down a 33 year old as it is very rare and to high a risk at my age to use camera.

He also said my mouth was realy red and I'm not sure how i feel about it all if im honest.

Red
    Last edited by reddevil; 22-06-07 at 12:34.

Very long time ago but can i ask what it turned out to be reddevil ?

I have same thing, horrible taste in mouth, white tongue that tingles and kinda feels numb, lips burn slightly as well. Its like when you brush your teeth and then drink orange squash! Also have a very dry mouth and throat, i keep drinking loads of water and its still dry all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by wcb123 View Post
    Very long time ago but can i ask what it turned out to be reddevil ?

I have same thing, horrible taste in mouth, white tongue that tingles and kinda feels numb, lips burn slightly as well. Its like when you brush your teeth and then drink orange squash! Also have a very dry mouth and throat, i keep drinking loads of water and its still dry all the time.
    I have all the same as you apart from the white tongue. My tongue does tingle though. I noticed a really odd taste in my mouth yesterday - it was like acid, not metallic. It isn't there today though. I get pins and needles in my mouth and throat too x

has been bookmark, this seems like a very interesting thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information