Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cipralex

cipralex

hi guys, please could u teel me if the sickness and headaches subside with time, ive been on them 7 days now and have been sick with them, im trying to stick with it but its hell.

I would love to know if any of you guys have had the same problem, and do they work in time.
    Thanks.

Hi Casstella

I had headaches and nausea for the first 2 weeks when I started Cipralex but the side effects do go with time.

I found the nausea/sickness was worse taking them on an empty stomach, so taking them after food might help.

Briary

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

hi Casstella,

I have been on cipralrx since last November. I had really bad headaches at first but they went away after about 2 weeks. Like Briary says, don't take them on an empty stomach. I always took them after food and was never sick. They have helped me immensely in coping with my anxiety...do stick with them...

Sarah

from Blossom
    I am on Cipralex and have been for seven months, prior to that I was on thre sister drug Cipramil, but this is the newer version of that drug. Yes, I got headaches and a nausea feeling, but was never sick, I was agitated for about two weeks, but I would stick with them for the anxiety, I am rather weepy, but the doctor says it is nothing to do with the Cipralex, so give them a go, it usually takes 2-4 weeks. Good luck Blossom

Hi casstella,
    I started cipralex one month ago. The first two weeks were hideous and I got a lot more anxious. The headaches were terrible and the nausea and sickness horrible. As briary said I found taking it with food really helped the sickness. The third week was kind of up and down, sometimes feeling awful, sometimes not. By the fourth week the side effects were minimal so hang in there. As for whether it works, its a long term thing, months not weeks but I have started to notice small improvements in how I'm feeling.
    Furthermore, I have heard from lots of people, including seh1980, my girlfriend, that it does really work well in time. Certainly the progress sarah has made in the last year has been plain to see.
    So hang in there, time will tell, I reckon the side effects will be worth it in the end.
    Good luck
    ed

the mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground

Hiya Castella

Unfortuanately nausea is one of the many side effects that people can experience when they start taking anti depressent medication but this should stop really soon. It'll take a couple of weeks for your body to get used to the meds but if after this time you're still feeling sick, I'd go back to your GP and have a chat with him about it - I really do think that you'll be ok soon but it may be that another type of med would suit you better. As far as the therapeutic effects go, it might take a bit longer than 2 weeks to feel the full benefit, so try to stick in there if youc can.

Best wishes, Jo xx

Question Re: cipralex

Hello. I have just joined the forum today and am here because I have just started taking Cipralex.

The reason I'm taking it is because in the last few years, I've had a ton of loss in my life and everything has been major. Well, about 5 weeks ago, I had to ask my "better half" to move out and that was the last loss I could actually handle. Normally, I dealt with loss myself and used nothing more than herbal remedies but I never really handled the losses as they came. And so, finally, asking the man I love to leave was the very last , it was more than I could handle. So, I gave in and went to a doctor and he put me on something that I can't even remember the name of right now for about 3 weeks but it stopped working all of a sudden. He switched to Cipralex. He says not only is it depression (which I've been diagnosed with before but never took anything for) but it's also reactive anxiety.

This is day 3 - and the way I feel now is the way I felt when we first separated --- can't stop crying, can't concentrate, having a hard time working, all I want to do is just sleep but I can't do that well either. When does this medicine start to kick in? I can't keep crying 24 hours a day.

Re: cipralex

Perhaps I am not taking a high enough dosage 5mg daily but I have not felt sick or had headaches (touch wood).

Re: cipralex

I'm only taking 2mg a day and it's giving me headaches - he just upped the dose from 1 to 2 mg. Trixie, or anyone else, do you feel "dull" most of the time and like you'd like to cry because the tears are being held in by the medicine so you can't? I know I have to take something because I can't stop crying if I don't but this feeling is not that comfortable, either - wanting to feel something and wanting to express my feelings and wanting to be alert all the time but I can't.

But hey, at least I can go to work!

Unhappy Re: cipralex

Hi all,

I kindoff stumbled across this forum whilst reading about Cipralex, my doctors has prescribed 10mg once a day. I was taking Dosulepin but didn't think they were working.

I've been taking this med in the morning but without food. For the first couple of days I had an awful headache, with nausea and insomnia. Headaches have gone but I'm still feeling sick most of the time. I have little appetite and seem to get very tired late in the afternoon. However when I do try to sleep I find it very hard to fall to sleep, waking many times during the night.

I was wondering that instead of taking the med in the morning I should take before I go to bed, would this help with the nausea and sleeplessness?

sorry if I seem to be rambling on, haven't posted on one of these sites before

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information