Thread: Hi I'm new here today please read if you can

Question Hi I'm new here today please read if you can

Hello, I decided to try and post on a forum as I have been greatly struggling with panic attacks from prozac.

Let me rewind a bit, I've had anxiety since I was about 5 years old, I suffer from social and general anxiety, mild agoraphobia, depression and PMDD. I've seen several different health professionals had alot of therapy and have tried alot of different medication. I've gotten a little better over the years but I still cannot leave the house by myself or talk on a phone with unfamilar people etc. Anyway I am now taking propanlol 160mg gabapentin 300mg 3 times a day mirtazapne 15mg and now prozac 40mg. I was wanting to come off the mirtazapine because of weight gain and i'd pretty much became a zombie and after 8 years decided it was enough. Sadly because of the withdrawel I've had to stay on a lower dose.

My prozac is the newest edition and I have been on it for 10 weeks I started on 10mg for a week and then went to 20mg for 6 weeks and have currently been on 40mg for 3 weeks and my anxiety has just went through the roof. I did make another post in the prozac section but didn't realise there was a welcome section as I'm not very good with using forums so apologies!

I was just wondering if anyone has any advise on prozac and why the increased dose has made me feel so much worse also will it subside eventually if so how long could it take? Any advise would be great. Sorry for babbling on my mind has pretty much turned to mush!

Thank you.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Citrine and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hi I'm new here today please read if you can

Hi citrine. to you.

I’m sorry I have no experience of Prozac, I hope someone comes along here that can give you some tips.
    It’s a good idea to relay and ask your prescriber...what I have learnt is we can all be very different with medication, including side affects and how long they take to work for us.

I do hope you can get the right balance...
    Best wishes to you xxp

Thread Information