Thread: Starting to finally get better

Starting to finally get better

I've had anxiety for about 3 years now and nothing worked. I tried everything you could think of, therapy in many different forms, breathing and visualisation tactics, multiple medications, you name it I've tried it. A few weeks ago I was prescribed one of the few medications I hadn't tried yet which was Zoloft (a bit weird that it took me so long to have the option to try it since it's a pretty common medication) and I started feeling better almost immediately. I wasn't cured but my anxiety wasn't constant anyone and I don't worry about death nearly as much as I used to. Side effects are obviously a pain but I honestly think having anxiety spikes once or twice a day and occasionally being nauseous is better than spending weeks on end being so scared of death that I'm not even living my life. I don't know if this can truly be classed as a success story since I still have pretty bad health anxiety but I'm definitely getting better. I'm finally leaving the house, I have enough energy to do basic tasks that before just felt draining. I'm far from cured but this is the best I've felt in years.

Re: Starting to finally get better

It is sooo nice to see a success story! Congrats to you! We can beat anxiety, it's a journey and takes a lot of work. You got this! Awesome, happy dance over here!

Find a good therapist and you are on your way!

Every little success matters in our lives! I hope this is just a start of your recovery as you stop anxiety from controlling your life!

Quote Originally Posted by JxSxNG View Post
    I've had anxiety for about 3 years now and nothing worked. I tried everything you could think of, therapy in many different forms, breathing and visualisation tactics, multiple medications, you name it I've tried it. A few weeks ago I was prescribed one of the few medications I hadn't tried yet which was Zoloft (a bit weird that it took me so long to have the option to try it since it's a pretty common medication) and I started feeling better almost immediately. I wasn't cured but my anxiety wasn't constant anyone and I don't worry about death nearly as much as I used to. Side effects are obviously a pain but I honestly think having anxiety spikes once or twice a day and occasionally being nauseous is better than spending weeks on end being so scared of death that I'm not even living my life. I don't know if this can truly be classed as a success story since I still have pretty bad health anxiety but I'm definitely getting better. I'm finally leaving the house, I have enough energy to do basic tasks that before just felt draining. I'm far from cured but this is the best I've felt in years.

So glad to hear it. I take the same and it does wonders for me. Yay for progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So glad for you

Thread Information