Thread: Food stuck sensation.

Food stuck sensation.

I have been doing well but here I am falling off the wagon again
    so I had a pack of crisps with my dinner(I know red flag number 1) and I managed to eat almost all of it before I got a sensation in my throat that something was stuck so I stopped, the feeling escalated no matter how much I drank and TMI
    (I kind of threw up some of my food) I suffer from really bad reflux and had a barium test but she didn't find anything alarming so she put it down to reflux and that my anxiety makes it worse. the feeling is still there and I know logically if it were actual food stuck it would of went away after throwing up besides apart from that I can still breathe, talk, and I feel the need to burp so its clearly reflux but I can't convince my brain like I normally would and no matter what I do i'm still sat here waiting until I die(and my brain is certain I will tonight) I know its just a setback but I'm rather upset

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Re: Food stuck sensation.

I am feeling exactly the same, just eaten a piece of meat and it feels as if its stuck just under my adams apple. I can swallow fine, no choking just drank some water, no problem but it still feels as if it's there. Getting really scared of esophagus cancer, i have had this a couple of times this week. My health anxiety is working overtime. Got an appt to see GP net week.

Mines calmed down a little think its my reflux or scratched.
    do you get any burning or feeling the need to burp? its worth going to your GP as it could be acid reflux or LPR but I don't think it will be cancer x

All the best!

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

It has gone now and I ate a full roast dinner without any problem but now I have burning in my throat and constant burping. I had an endoscopy 4 years ago which was clear but anything can happen in 4 years. Anxiety is really getting to me. Hopefully the GP will put my mind at rest.

Thread Information