Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clonazepam Taper

Re: Clonazepam Taper

Ana, were you on any other medication during the time you were taking Clonazepam? Like an antidepressant or anything. I take 2MG of Clonazapam a day with an antidepressant (until it finally kicks in)

No, I wasn't at the time. I'm on Venlafaxine currently.

Quote Originally Posted by ana View Post
    Of course not, please ask me anything you'd like to know. I was initially on 0.5 twice a day, just like you, but was on 0.5 once a day for a few years before I started withdrawing. I'd advise perhaps asking your doctor about coming off them as 4 months is a decent amount of time for a dependency to develop. Having said that, there is no need to worry as, if I could come off them after 9 years, I'm sure it'll be a piece of cake for you.
    Hey Ana, do you mind if I ask how long it took you to start feeling better? I'm on about Day 3 of withdrawals. The physical symptoms are rough, but I can handle them.. I'm more concerned with the psychological symptoms.. I have this constant anxiety that lasts all day and I can't seem to focus on anything else.

Did you have trouble with that?

There are so many scary threats on the net about Benzo withdrawal lasting months to years.

Please don't let the Internet scare you.
    It's tough, though, withdrawing from Clonazepam, I won't lie. You are still in the early stages, but for me, it was the worst after a week or so. I was experiencing constant anxiety, just like you, and I thought it would drive me insane and completely cripple or kill me. I remember craving the medication so much, feeling shaky and unwell as well as very worried about the state I was in at the time. It took me about 2 weeks to start feeling better. I recall making a breakthrough on day 15...

Mermaid- how is your Clonazapam taper going. I'm still taking 2MG a day with my Celexa.

Hi Ethansmom. I haven't started yet. I have been tapering off sertraline. So Monday, I will take no sertraline. I will see how I feel, I am only taking a crumb at the moment so it shouldn't be too bad I don't think. Then I will probably start on the clonazepam. I will start by dropping 1/4 of a tablet. It makes me really tired all the time, so I am keen to start dropping off a bit. How are you going?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information