Thread: feel as im losing my mind

feel as im losing my mind

just need to say this.

so for the past month or so I've had these really strange and scary feelings and thoughts regarding losing total control of my own thoughts and the feeling of not being my old self anymore, more as im not part of reality it self and everything feels super weird.

I dont feel any emotions other than being afraid all the time.
    I feel like I dont control my self and that reality is itself makes no sense such as having friends, loving family etc.

Im 16 years old and I want this to stop, I've told my mom and father and Im going to an psychiatrist pretty soon, but I feel like I won't ever recover from this.
    Any suggestions because I feel like if this doesn't stop theres to purpose to keep on living.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: feel as im losing my mind

Derealisation/depersonalisation is part of depression and anxiety disorders. Of course you will recover from these uncomfortable feelings in time. But you need treatment for this - so seeing a psychiatrist is a positive step in the right direction.

Hope you feel better soon.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Derealisation/depersonalisation is part of depression and anxiety disorders. Of course you will recover from these uncomfortable feelings in time. But you need treatment for this - so seeing a psychiatrist is a positive step in the right direction.

Hope you feel better soon.
    It just baffles me how servere this has become, it started slowly and now its full-blown and nothing else is on my mind 24/7 for the past month, its such a long process and im mentally tired

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

It would be because without treatment this condition can escalate into a downward spiral.

Try to look ahead now

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    It would be because without treatment this condition can escalate in a downward spiral.

Try to look ahead now
    ill try thanks

Get a good CBT therapist and learn how to manage your thoughts. Challenge them, keep yourself busy, your only 16 get out there and enjoy what 16 olds enjoy! This will pass, just don't sit around in your own head.

CBT can be great for the symptoms your suffering, I have tried counselling etc to no avail but cbt did help. Have you also tried meditation or mindfulness as that can also help and are quite a fewgood audios online that are free you could listen to to help you ground yourself when your feeling this way. You are only 16 and you can get through this but sadly there is no quick fix but it will get better once you have the right help. All the best.

Thread Information