Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: depression/anxiety cycle

Re: depression/anxiety cycle

HY, BITTER try and stay off the booze in the morning, thats how i lost my gallbladder and had pancreatitis, mind it was a bottle of vodka a day . I lost my next door nabour and great friend to suicide he was only 42 but had a lot of demons.

Hi up a ladder. Boy you sound like me regarding mornings and having to go into office. I work a few days a week at home. More relaxed. And more productive. Office is too much noise to think and team leader sits right next to me. He's the loudest of all. No consideration for anyone.

---------- Post added at 06:54 ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 ----------

Hi up a ladder. Boy you sound like me. I work from home a few days a week. Love it. Going into office makes my morning anxiety worst. My team leader sits next to me and he very loud. Hard to concentrate. I've had this morning anxiety too but for 5 years. Sometimes it better. With that and HA and winter anxiety and death of friend it hitting me harder. Actually dont look forward to weekends. Mind just wonders way too much. I just want to be happy and content. That not much to ask. Hang in there. Hope you feel better too.

Has anybody on this thread tried hypnotherapy and/or meditation? I couldn't afford to go to a hypnotherapist, but I downloaded a few hypnotherapy recordings for a few pounds each. Also, guided meditations (there are some good free ones from Dartford College web site).

Some were more helpful than others, but they definitely made a difference and helped me understand how to relax myself. If you're relaxed you can't be anxious and vice versa (sorry, I know that's obv!).

Btw, one of the recordings happened to mention that worry is a big cause of anxiety and depression and it struck me that if we learned to stop worrying about things we cannot change (and things that will never happen!), we'd all be a lot less anxious. It's a skill and like any other skill, it takes time and practice to learn it.

I know my worrying can get obsessive (and frankly, ridiculous) and it definitely has a detrimental affect on my mood and fear levels. I'm training myself to stop it and learning how to relax (or self-hypnotise) and visualise myself being confident, happy and worry-free. Visualisation is a great tool and works best when you're in a state of deep relaxation.

Have you ever woken up from a bad dream and been genuinely frightened with your heart pounding and covered in sweat and been relieved it was just a dream? Or woken up from a lovely dream and regretted it was over and not real? Well that's like visualisation. It can have a profound effect on your brain.

"Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so"

I wish you all happier times. :0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information