Thread: think i am relapsing

think i am relapsing

hi all hope your all ok i hope you dont mind me talking about my relapse but ere it goes. for about 6 months i started developing really bad nervous and feeling sick depression i started feeling upset quite alot cant be bothered to get out of bed to go to work feel like life isnt worth living and just dont have the drive anymore unexplained aches and pains just fed up my job but i am trying to fight is in the kitchen as a chef and also have health anxiety which hasnt bothered me as much i am even faking being sick so i can go home. i just dont know wat do anymore manager at work said they would give me more support which they havnt i tried to talk to my other but doesnt know what to do and i cant have time off due to having a mortgage i dont know wat to do anymore

Re: think i am relapsing

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisjcrook View Post
    hi all hope your all ok i hope you dont mind me talking about my relapse but ere it goes. for about 6 months i started developing really bad nervous and feeling sick depression i started feeling upset quite alot cant be bothered to get out of bed to go to work feel like life isnt worth living and just dont have the drive anymore unexplained aches and pains just fed up my job but i am trying to fight is in the kitchen as a chef and also have health anxiety which hasnt bothered me as much i am even faking being sick so i can go home. i just dont know wat do anymore manager at work said they would give me more support which they havnt i tried to talk to my other but doesnt know what to do and i cant have time off due to having a mortgage i dont know wat to do anymore

I think it’s obvious what you need to - you need to either seek help through your doctors or you need to seek a therapist, you have come out of this before what method did you use? How did you get yourself engaging in life again? It is possible you are having a relapse but also it is possible you have a low mood and stuck in a rut of negativity... it
    Is also possible that you just dislike your job? And that this is causing the mood...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Chris no not atall I know only too well what it's like regarding depression, Iam in the middle of a relapse my self, not wanting to do anything all day no confidence so feel free to pm me for a chat ATB

thankyou doesnt help that my uncle has leukemia and my health anxiety is creeping in again aswell

Oh wow, Chris, that doesn't help at all. It is possible you are falling into a blip. How have you gotten through these periods in the past? Therapy? Medications?

I am also in a job that is making me very unhappy. I had to take 3 weeks unpaid off because I have felt like having a mental breakdown. I can't afford to not have the job though, so that's all we can squeeze by with. It's a tough situation to be in and I feel for you.

i had therapy but i dont think it helped but does help if i talk to people outside of therapy if you now what i mean

Smile Re: think i am relapsing

hi Chris my name is Annalise and I can totally sympathise with what you are saying. I'm having the same as you, waking up and realising theres a whole day of depression in front of me and not wanting to go on anymore. Health anxiety is a living hell. I'm having a relapse at the moment and my boyfriend doesn't understand and I have nobody to talk to. its not his fault, its just I feel I'm suffering alone. Majority of doctors do not help, its simply not recognised and it needs to be. unfortunately people like you and me are the ones that suffer. My heart goes out to you this must be so hard, cause I know what its like. take care and you are strong enough to fight this x

Hi Chris
    I know what you are going through. I'm having a relapse myself and hovering between trying to get on with things and hoping it will pass or going back on the medication I have taken before (SSRIs - Sertraline). The thought of the possible side effects (I can get these) and the 'long term' acceptance of needing medication, plus the 'no alcohol' whilst on them are factors against (I do enjoy a drink). I still can't decide.

I can also empathise with the work stress. My job is a lot more stressful than it used to be with very little managerial support. I know that is a factor in my depression, but it would be very difficult for me to change jobs. I also have plenty of other worries - financial, family, housing etc., so I wouldn't even be certain if a job change would be enough!

I think your first port of call is the Docs. See what they can offer regarding meds or therapy and take it from there.

Thread Information