Thread: feeling to hot

feeling to hot

hi everyone ive been suffering from really bad night sweats and hot flushes i just wondered if anyone else suffers and is finding it worse with this hot weather i am feeling absolutlly worn out and so tired.can you let me no if you get like this thanks lin

Re: feeling to hot

Hi Goth, well without knowing your age its sounds very like the feelings you can get with the menopause. If you're in your late 40's, early to mid 50's i'd say thats what it was and it would be worth talking to your doc about it. This can also make anxiety symptoms worse...maybe HRT is needed instead of benzos or betablockers. If you're younger, then its not a symptom I recognise with anxiety itself, only mabe as a side effect of any meds you take. Some of them can make you feel a bit hot and bothered

Hope this helps
    Take care
    cathy xx

Hi Goth
    Sorry to hear you are suffering like this. If you are of menopausal age then its prob related to that, however it could also be any one of a number of different causes too even if you are or are not of that age group, so I would book an appt to see your gp just to confirm what it is, regardless of the recent warm weather. Hope you are feeling better soon!

hi goth the hot weather does seem to make my anxiety worse im not menopausal yet but as other posts said it cold be that , i also get hot flushes sweats etc hope your feeling better x

hi goth,

i get pas in the night and hot flushes then clammy times. i often wake feeling terrified and unsure what has happened. the waves of heat radiate over my body and im wringing with sweat. i often am sobbing but generally have little recollection if i was dreaming.

then i get obsessive worrying, reliving conversations and my actions, worrying about what i have to do the next day etc.

the hosp said this is due to anxiety and confidence.

i would talk to your gp about all your symptoms, even the ones that appear to unrelated, as until they know the full picture diagnosis is difficult,

i do all the regular tips, exercise, no caffene, no late eating after 6pm, regular bedtime routine, calming time, warm drink etc. i get up and make lists, go downstairs etc, but was only getting 2-3 hours sleep.

my gp sent me to hosp, and they changed my meds, which after another increase are making me sleep like a baby, both day and night! anything is better than how i was tho. the brain needs time to mend, and some level of sedation will aid this,

hope this helps a little,

milly x
    Last edited by milly jones; 12-05-08 at 12:21. Reason: spelling sorry

I was given by the doc a very mild sleeping pill to help me when i had nights like these. They are apparently an old type of anti-depressent and they really worked, just made me feel very slightly drowsy. I have had no after effects from them and dont need them now. I do however still sleep with a fan on in my room, it helps with the sweats and now the noise i almost find comforting as it has calmed me in the past if you get my drift.... i think its the 'white' noise effect people talk about
    Im also going to request a hormone level blood test from my doctor too, because even though im only 33yrs lots of people do get early menopause and if i knew it was this it would explain alot. Maybe you could request one too?
    Hope some of this has been some help.
    XXXXX

...baby steps everyday.

Hi Goth

Could be a number of things. It need not be menopausal, just hormonal. When I had IVF my night sweats shot through the roof due to the hormonal changes. It took many months for them to regain a balance. Neither does a hormonal imbalance mean you are peri menopausal. Stress itself can lead to a hormone inbalance which can cause night sweats - whch lead to stress which starts you round the circle again!

I get menopause symptoms every night, when 'er in doors chucks the quilts off and I freeze to death. lol.
    Decca

Thread Information