Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pain in lower back - kidney pain?

Pain in lower back - kidney pain?

Hello
    Am trying not to google, but I have right sided lower back pain, it feels very tender to touch and clothes on it hurt too...it's a dull ache too...any ideas....I think Kidney something. There's no visible swelling or anything.....

Re: Pain in lower back - kidney pain?

I have no idea sorry but I'm sure someone will.

Whatever you do though, don't google. You know yourself that it'll only bring things up you don't want to see and stuff that is unlikely to be causing it. You will only make your nerves worse and that won't help anything.

Take it easy.

The docs says it maybe a kidney infection, as did a dipstick test and there was blood in urine....now I am really panicing....got some antibiotics

could be kidney stones, if so, they can remove them surgically with a lazer, no need to open you up . Non life threatening so please don't panic.

Quote Originally Posted by fairyloveheart View Post
    The docs says it maybe a kidney infection, as did a dipstick test and there was blood in urine....now I am really panicing....got some antibiotics
    I was going to suggest Kidney Infection. My Kidneys have been infected a couple of times, I was silly and left it too long before seeking help and ended in hospital. You've done a brilliant job, you acted quickly and saw your doctor who has now given you antibiotics before the infection has become any worse.

There is no need to panic, (although this is easier said than done), it can be very common and nothing to worry about now, the medicine he has given you will help clear the infection, nothing worse will happen.

It can be quite painful, but rest assured, it will clear up soon.xx

Quote Originally Posted by fairyloveheart View Post
    I really wouldn't worry too much. Maybe you had a bit of cystitis or something like that and the bacteria travelled up to your kidneys. That happened recently to someone I know and she was in so much agony she had to go to A&E in the middle of the night. A course of antibiotics later she is absolutely fine. Hope you feel better soon

Hi!
    I suffer with Kidney problems and have now been diagnosed with a form of kidney disorder. One of the symptoms I get is pain on right hand side at the back and on the front. It is a deep pulsating pain. I always have blood and protein in my urine and this is how the kidney problems were picked up on last year. However it doesnt just mean that this is what it could be. Maybe you have an infection - water or kidney. Kidney infections can leave you feeling very poorly but antibiotics clear it up and the same goes for water infections too. Drink plenty of water as it helps flush the infection out. Hopefully it all gets sorted for you. Maybe it is nothing but its best to get it checked out just for your peace of mind alone. Hope you feel much better soon.

hi i have one kidney always getting infections ive always got blood in my wee even though i carnt see it the doctors told me most people have this it common in people who are fit and really active but i to sometimes get pain there it could be anything but im sure its just an infection kidneys are sensitive and can hurt hope this helps x

Oww, now the pain has woken me up it has moved to the front right side and is very sharp and taking my breath away. I am very scared

Hello
    Went back to gp as antibiotics are not working.. they think it is a kidney stone and I have to have an xray on Saturday (I didn't know they did them on saturdays!)
    Worried.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information