Thread: Repeating bruise on the same place on breast

Repeating bruise on the same place on breast

So... This might seem a bit random but I didn't want to Google search it because I know what that would lead too.

So I'm 21, I've noticed for awhile I keep getting a bruise on the same place on my breast. Like it's always different colors. Sometimes into more yellowish/green sometimes like now it's blue/black. Sometimes there's a bit of purple as well. It always changes in size sometimes it's bigger then other times but it's always the same place upwards the top of my left breast.

There's no pain when you push down on it. Tbh I don't know if it ever fully really heals or I just don't always notice it because I don't tend to look at myself naked (another reason for therapy but a issue for another day.)

My doctor only ever checked my breasts once before I started the pill and never once since. (I came off the pill quickly).

Needless to say this is a worry for me and I don't want to Google it. As I remember one time in school our bio teacher said something like this is like a rare type of breast cancer if it doesn't go away after 2 weeks and since I keep getting them/it never really goes away. I'm very worried and I don't want to fule it further. Any help would be wonderful. Thank you so much.

---------- Post added at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

I've read a few of the suggested posts below and it seems a few of people had this issue?

Hopefully this is just another anixety thing and I'm been doing so well with no doctor in June!

Re: Repeating bruise on the same place on breast

Yes, definitely DO NOT GOOGLE this at all. Maybe make an appointment to see what’s going on. I had a purple/blue bruise that faded to yellow/green when I was pregnant. No one told me not to google it due to what I’d find. They did an ultrasound and there wasn’t anything there. They asked if I remembered hitting anything. Never did find out the cause but it eventually went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Halle0587 View Post
    Yes, definitely DO NOT GOOGLE this at all. Maybe make an appointment to see what’s going on. I had a purple/blue bruise that faded to yellow/green when I was pregnant. No one told me not to google it due to what I’d find. They did an ultrasound and there wasn’t anything there. They asked if I remembered hitting anything. Never did find out the cause but it eventually went away.
    Hi! Thank you for replying.

I was talking to my friend earlier and she said gets bruises like that all the time. She said it could be a result of my skin around that area being more tender or something since it's coming up to my cycle! Or that if my bra isn't fitting right it could be digging into the skin. I do tend to get a lot of cycle pain in my breast anyway!

Sometimes I think when you look at something with anxiety, it makes everything way worse you know? Like when I talked to my friend she just shrugged it off (she's very care free even tho she's having her own health/stomach issues at the moment!)

I'm visiting my sister tomorrow and I'm going to ask her to have a look and if she seems a bit put off. I'll make a doctor's appointment.

Oh to be carefree. My husband is and I envy it. You’re absolutely right about looking at something with anxiety. I’m current waiting for a mammogram for a breast dent. Since ya been booked I swear I’ve noticed five other things on the same breast. Anxiety is brutal. I do so well in my General anxiety and OCD areas and fail miserably with health anxiety. Please come back and share what your sister’s take is on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Halle0587 View Post
    Oh to be carefree. My husband is and I envy it. You’re absolutely right about looking at something with anxiety. I’m current waiting for a mammogram for a breast dent. Since ya been booked I swear I’ve noticed five other things on the same breast. Anxiety is brutal. I do so well in my General anxiety and OCD areas and fail miserably with health anxiety. Please come back and share what your sister’s take is on it.
    Hi! I hope you're doing well! So both my sister and my Mam think it's nothing. My Mam said it reminds her of a normal bruise. Like my right keg is currently covered in some nasty ones because I fell up the stairs at work and took a hard bang. So if neither of them think it's anything I'll take it at that!

If you fell up the stairs, you may have knocked it again then as well.

Thread Information