Thread: Small dog bite, really worried

Unhappy Small dog bite, really worried

As the title says, our Labrador was licking my face but slipped on the lament floor and accidentally nicked my chin before falling over.
    It hasn't broke the skin I think because it hasn't been bleeding and I washed it with soap but I'm really worried because I googled and found out you can get infections ect and so you should go to your doctor, I had If I remember correctly a tetanus shot last year with my other vaccines so that should be fine but really worried about other infections as I can't get to a doctors up here because i'm not at home and know this probably isn't a case for a and e. My anxiety is in overdrive

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

Re: Small dog bite, really worried

There is no need to go to a dr so don't worry that you can't get to a dr

If it hasn't broken the skin how could you ever get an infection?? infections come from bacteria entering the body through open wounds.... and you have had a tetanus shot too

this really is a non issue.... you are fine

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

One time, our dog bite my dad and it really like broke open the skin. He bleed loads being the type of man he is, just shrugged it off and cleaned it with water. He didn't get any type of infection! Like he had a shot so he said there was no point in worrying about it.

Thanks girls! Calming down a bit now, he apologised and our other Labrador has spent the time lying on me lol.

I panicked mostly because it happened this morning and I went out shopping and only cleaned it when I got back :/ it defo hasn't broke the skin or if it has only really little, it's not bleeding just some red markings

Just to confirm what the others have said you are totally fine, no further action required enjoy your dog and please no more googling as the saying goes ATB

Thanks big boy!

It was definitely a complete accident and he's a very indoors dig who gets a lot of dentastix anyway haha
    They're all doing good just training them not to beg for food at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Clydesdale Epona View Post
    Thanks big boy!

It was definitely a complete accident and he's a very indoors dig who gets a lot of dentastix anyway haha
    They're all doing good just training them not to beg for food at the moment
    It's all good! Oh tell me about it, mine is over 10 years old now and everytime I go to the kitchen she automatically thinks there is a treat well tough there isn't Ha ha, how ever she doesn't always follow me in now so she is learning which is a good thing and she is spot on weight wise too not having a over weight dog no chance I can actually eat a meal in the same room as her and she will lay on her mat and not pester me for tit bits it's all in the training! ATB

Got Dyson to do that now thankfully(although haven't got him to not slip on the floor )
    Just Maisy and Truffle now, it's hard with Labradors they're big foodies haha

My nicks doing okay, itching a little which initially has terrified me but I'm trying to remain calm.
    I'm reminding myself that any wound can get infected, when I got the implant inserted in my arm I was told to just watch for signs of infection and get antibs if I showed any so honestly it's probably the exact same here, nothing to worry about x

Quote Originally Posted by Clydesdale Epona View Post
    Got Dyson to do that now thankfully(although haven't got him to not slip on the floor )
    Just Maisy and Truffle now, it's hard with Labradors they're big foodies haha

My nicks doing okay, itching a little which initially has terrified me but I'm trying to remain calm.
    I'm reminding myself that any wound can get infected, when I got the implant inserted in my arm I was told to just watch for signs of infection and get antibs if I showed any so honestly it's probably the exact same here, nothing to worry about x
    Ha ha try owning a staffy bull, boy are they stubborn and will challenge it's owner but I have got the kitchen thing under control now all I have to is have the correct body stance point firmly at the door and also a stare at her and she backs away and doesn't come back in and that's with out speaking, In the past I would just say go on get out oh she would go and as soon as my back was turned she was back in the kitchen them days are gone now lol. Yes that's correct any wound can get infected, but also tell your self this too, if it's so small or just a tiny nick your own defence system (immune) will kick in and fight any possible infection HTH ATB

Thread Information