Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Another Bone Cancer Thread...

Re: Another Bone Cancer Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Panicer1 View Post
    Did you really lose 3 stone in a month? No fooling? No exaggerating? And were you still eating?

Thank you so much for your response..
    Nope! No exaggerating at all. I've always carried a bit of extra weight and still do! Like I did eat but not as much as I used too (I did over do it alot before my health anixety really kicked in!) But yeah 3 stone and my doctor still didn't send me for tests! Anixety or other issues can really rack your body phyical as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahNah View Post
    Nope! No exaggerating at all. I've always carried a bit of extra weight and still do! Like I did eat but not as much as I used too (I did over do it alot before my health anixety really kicked in!) But yeah 3 stone and my doctor still didn't send me for tests! Anixety or other issues can really rack your body phyical as well.
    Yours was exactly the type of response I was looking for.

It doesn't mean I'm okay, but it lends some hope, something I didn't have before.

I am writing this from an urgent care clinic as I wait for the doctor and wonder why I'm even here, theres no way they can answer the types of questions I have. They will just tell me to talk to my GP and that I've wasted $40 and all...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yours was exactly the type of response I was looking for.

It doesn't mean I'm okay, but it lends some hope, something I didn't have before.

I am writing this from an urgent care clinic as I wait for the doctor and wonder why I'm even here, theres no way they can answer the types of questions I have. They will just tell me to talk to my GP and that I've wasted $40 and all...

Listen. Don't beat yourself up to much about this. I didn't go for the doctor for six years during my teenage years then I went 12 times in the space of a year. It's about learning and growing. I still have months of total panic (look at my own stuff). Like I do have some issues (ibs for one, a nasty batrical thing that causes ulcers) among other things but my mental health has been one of the biggest issues of all.

I, of course wish you the best!

Listen. Don't beat yourself up to much about this. I didn't go for the doctor for six years during my teenage years then I went 12 times in the space of a year. It's about learning and growing. I still have months of total panic (look at my own stuff). Like I do have some issues (ibs for one, a nasty batrical thing that causes ulcers) among other things but my mental health has been one of the biggest issues of all.

I, of course wish you the best!
    I have looked at some of your posts and can appreciate that you seem to be in much the same boat. I'm sorry for both of us..

I wish you the best as well and again your response has really helped me today, so I cant thank you enough.

I am sorry that I haven't responded to any of your threads, or anyone else's for that matter... but I hope to be able to chime in when I have something to add and I'm not in such bad shape.

I have looked at some of your posts and can appreciate that you seem to be in much the same boat. I'm sorry for both of us..

I wish you the best as well and again your response has really helped me today, so I cant thank you enough.

I am sorry that I haven't responded to any of your threads, or anyone else's for that matter... but I hope to be able to chime in when I have something to add and I'm not in such bad shape.
    In ways now, I'm actually in a lot of a better place! Like don't get me wrong. Daily I do worry about my health someway but I'm slowly coming to terms with things! Like whenever I get a horrible ibs attack my mind falls apart but I've had all the tests done. Like I said in a post I can't keep running after tests I've already been told the awsner to no matter how I wanted to and are scared they missed something.

The people on this websit have been wonderful to me. In the worst and best times.

In ways now, I'm actually in a lot of a better place! Like don't get me wrong. Daily I do worry about my health someway but I'm slowly coming to terms with things! Like whenever I get a horrible ibs attack my mind falls apart but I've had all the tests done. Like I said in a post I can't keep running after tests I've already been told the awsner to no matter how I wanted to and are scared they missed something.

The people on this websit have been wonderful to me. In the worst and best times.
    I guess my concerns are things like...

I fear I have bone metastasis or bone cancer... so I have xrays of the long bones... then I go home and read about how bone metastasis is only found in xrays if it's a certain size... LIKE, WHY? They say you need an actual bone scan to rule out bone mets, but theres no way I'd get that test...

I worry about my kidneys because the abdominal ultrasound indicated they could not be fully visualized due to my weight but "appeared" okay... same with gall bladder, pancreas... so now I wish I'd had a CT scan instead but will they do it? Who knows.

The doctor was in a rush but he told me that it was "good" that I lost 26 pounds in a month, due to my current obesity. After I told him about my change in eating habits, he said I shouldn't keep myself awake at night worrying about the weight loss..

I still fear the worst, but at this point I'm worried that I'll never be normal again even if I'm okay this time, which I currently doubt... y'know, like, any time any symptom appears I will correlate it to all this and scare myself horribly. The very definition of health anxiety, and yet a mere 6 months ago I didn't fear a thing... now I cant even say if I'll be alive in 6 more months... for being 24, that's really devastating... but everything going on in the same 3 month period seems like it cant be coincidental... and yet the doctors dont seem worried... I'm so lost, heh.

I guess my concerns are things like...

I fear I have bone metastasis or bone cancer... so I have xrays of the long bones... then I go home and read about how bone metastasis is only found in xrays if it's a certain size... LIKE, WHY? They say you need an actual bone scan to rule out bone mets, but theres no way I'd get that test...

I worry about my kidneys because the abdominal ultrasound indicated they could not be fully visualized due to my weight but "appeared" okay... same with gall bladder, pancreas... so now I wish I'd had a CT scan instead but will they do it? Who knows.

The doctor was in a rush but he told me that it was "good" that I lost 26 pounds in a month, due to my current obesity. After I told him about my change in eating habits, he said I shouldn't keep myself awake at night worrying about the weight loss..

I still fear the worst, but at this point I'm worried that I'll never be normal again even if I'm okay this time, which I currently doubt... y'know, like, any time any symptom appears I will correlate it to all this and scare myself horribly. The very definition of health anxiety, and yet a mere 6 months ago I didn't fear a thing... now I cant even say if I'll be alive in 6 more months... for being 24, that's really devastating... but everything going on in the same 3 month period seems like it cant be coincidental... and yet the doctors dont seem worried... I'm so lost, heh.

I'm 21! So I can really understand some of your feelings. I had a full break down last June, so it's been a year of hell (a mixture of all different types of anxiety and metal issues not just health.)

How did you get on at the doctor's?

I'm 21! So I can really understand some of your feelings. I had a full break down last June, so it's been a year of hell (a mixture of all different types of anxiety and metal issues not just health.)

How did you get on at the doctor's?
    Sorry to hear :(.

The doctors went about as well as I could have hoped I guess.

I didn't get a chance to ask all the questions I wanted to as it was urgent care after all and he was backed up...

He said it was "good" that I lost 26lbs in a month because I have more to lose still... again, after I explained my change in diet. I still have trouble with this because I have always found it difficult to lose weight.

I had him feel these soft "lumps" on either side on my flanks, around my belly -- they seem to be organs? I'm thinking kidneys? But I don't know if that's stupid, or whether you can even palpate your kidneys even if they are enlarged? Maybe muscle, I really dont know and he didn't seem to either... he just said he didn't feel anything there he thought was concerning.

I didn't get to ask about the lumps on my chest (including breasts, although I'm a male I have gynecomastia)... nor did I get to ask about the bumps on my forearms, though my gp didn't think the arm bumps were significant.

I just dont feel that my fears have been ruled out yet, but how can I pretend with my Google degree that I know better than these doctors? Just so hard..

Man, I just posted something roughly similar (also 25yo male). I haven't lost weight but I have chest pains, shooting pain up my arm, back pain, armpit pain (possibly from probing it so much), random bruises and cuts, rashes, lightheadedness, a slightly enlarged spleen. My bloods seemed to come back fine but I'm still FREAKING out.

Waiting on lymphoma-specific bloods to come back but I've had the exact same line of catastrophic thinking lately: what if this is some other cancer that I've missed that's now metastasized? I haven't lost any weight but I feel like crap. Honestly, I'm leaning towards the idea that it's all in my head.

My WBC is in a normal range, I don't have any major problem flags, doctors keep shooing me away, I've gotten SO many tests done and still have more to go (getting a breast ultrasound done).

I feel like at some point we just need to trust the docs, right? I mean, why are living like this?

I don't know what to do... the pain all over has been worse today, perhaps to due with the fact that it's raining BUT...

The pain has been almost unbearable, and enough that I cannot keep up when walking with my mom.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information