Thread: chest pain after running

chest pain after running

hi all. back again. I have acid reflux so I am used to chest pains but this one was a bit scarier than usual. I was running back from 7-Eleven at 3 a.m. (it was ****ing spooky, that's why I was running) and when I got back in the building I noticed a chest pain in the center-right of my chest. it only stuck around for a few seconds, but the fact that happened right after running especially when I'm not super Physically Active kind of freaked me out. is it possible that it could have been from my acid reflux? I am particularly worrying about the dreaded heart attack.

I can't afford to go to the ER again, I've been there so many times recently...

Re: chest pain after running

Possibly due to reflux, possibly a stitch, probably because you're unfit (I've been/still being there).

If you've been to the ER recently and had your chest/heart checked, any potential heart issues would have been picked up.

Chest pain from exercise are usually crushing and overwhelming pain, not something that passes after a few seconds.

I ended up having to go to the ER. The pain was just too much and I was too scared. They did an EKG like usual and a chest x-ray. The doctor said it was all good but I just got my actual X-ray back and I can't decode all this medical jargon. I already have an appointment with my regular doctor on the 20th but I don't know if this is something I should follow up about earlier ;;

http:/ /i.imgur.com/cRlcE1a.jpg (my post account isn't high enough to post images yet)

Don't they tell you what it means?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

the ER doc said it was fine. This is the analysis from the radiologist that comes a few days later.

it's been a few days. I still get bad tightness in my chest especially when I lay down. I accidentally made chlorine gas in my apartment about a week ago and that might have damaged some things as well..

I always get chest pain if I run, it’s like painful and tight.. I think it’s because I’m not very fit xx

Thread Information