Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big carbon monoxide fear

Big carbon monoxide fear

So my husband but a gas grill and he was setting it up in the garage... fast forward he finally builds it and to make sure it works he turned it on the garage( (the garage door was open) so it worked and he and a friend brought in through the house to the backyard. It was fairly quick and my house is like 1800 sq ft. But I completely panicked and I got mad at my husband. Like why would he bring that through the house to the backyard. Why not walk it all the way around.. I'm so angry about it I immediately opened all the windows in the house. The grill is now in the back but I'm completely anxious about exposing ourselves and family, friends to potential carbon monoxide poisoning. I feel like I'm being partly irrational. But still!! That's such a dumb thing to do. I'm worried about how I will sleep at night!!!

---------- Post added at 02:37 ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 ----------

Somebody please respond. It was a large gas grill

Re: Big carbon monoxide fear

Quote Originally Posted by Worrygirl32 View Post
    I feel like I'm being partly irrational. But still!!
    I can understand being perturbed about your husband bringing the grill through the house. That's just a stupid guy thing. I've done things like that for sure ~lol~ But the carbon monoxide? Nope... no chance whatsoever. Nil. None, Nada, Nope!

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 24-06-18 at 04:39.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

It was on... while it went through the house... did I say that?

It was on... while it went through the house... did I say that?
    No you didn't. You said he lit it in the open garage then brought it through the house. One would assume he turned it off before doing so and you would have said he left it lit. I still stand by my post.

But wait.... He brought a lit and running grill through the house? Seriously? No way! That's definitely a "Here, hold my beer" moment! No wonder you were upset. That's something you'd see on a sit-com ~lol~ Hopefully there wasn't food on the grill!

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 24-06-18 at 14:54.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Is your gas oven/hob inside your kitchen or is it outside?

Mine's inside.

Same thing.

There isn't even a microscopic chance of any kind of CO poisoning from this. None, whatsoever.

The whole incident really frustrates me. Yes he turned it on to see if it worked. Once he saw that it did. They picked it up and walked it to the backyard through the house. There wasn't any food in the grill. But it was on. It was a propane grill. It makes me feel extremely uncomfortable and very anxious. I'm trying to battle through this but I'm so angry about it. And even though one would assume everything is fine. Carbon monoxide is odorless. So you wouldn't really know how much of it you're being exposed to.

Have you simply chosen to stay angry about something that has no chance of CO poisoning at all?

Think about this, you're choosing to stay angry, frustrated and anxious about something that posed zero risk to your health.

I don't think I'm understanding how it didn't though... it was a gas grill that was on. In a space that it isn't meant to be used in... those grills emit carbon monoxide

I don't think I'm understanding how it didn't though... it was a gas grill that was on. In a space that it isn't meant to be used in... those grills emit carbon monoxide
    You're right. If you were in your powder room, door closed, with the grill on for an hour or so, then yes, you would get pretty sick. The scenario you describe is 0% chance. That's fact and if the reality of the situation doesn't calm your fear, nothing else said here will

Positive thoughts

You can't get ill from this - absolutely zero chance of it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information