Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Trying Not To Worry About Lymphoma - Cold Symptoms

Re: Trying Not To Worry About Lymphoma - Cold Symptoms

Did your doctor agree to that or did you just stop? They can prescribe meds to help with the initial insomnia. What is your doctor's new strategy then?

Hi Nic Having read the whole thread Iam disguated by the Op's replies I am sorry about your loss hun. To Darkside you have been given good advice by all the replies on here but you aren't willing to accept it so there is no reassurance from me as you wont believe it, apart from 2 Ct scans period would not affect you in any way but again you know best. Guys had to say it and it's my first and last post on this matter Thank you

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    This is seriously so depressing. I haven’t been totally well in over a month. Now the cough has developed. I’m dying of Lymphoma like I thought.

---------- Post added at 07:49 ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 ----------

Because they gave me bad insomnia.
    I'm sorry but that is a poor excuse from someone who really thinks they're "dying" from lymphoma. And as Terry says, did you discuss this with your doc?

Never Surrender, Comrade

I am trying Wellbutrin now. I started today.

I am thinking of going to urgent care to see if they can check out my current symptoms. The shortness of breath and heart rate stuff continues and now the cough as well. Again, I haven't been totally well for a month now. Constant problems, mainly around sinuses and throat. It's because I think I have a mass in my chest from the lymphoma that is pressing on my lungs.

Ok, I was concerned you had just stopped due to the side effects. So we can see you are actively accessing some help and it's now a waiting game.

Side effects of these can be intolerable so I can understand how it's not always possible to continue. The worst I've ever felt in terms of my mental health has been starting these meds.

As for the rest, you know the answer. Just like how those who raise a thread about currently having a heart attack know they really aren't. Someone seriously ill is already on their way to a doctor, not asking opinions on here.

As someone who has had asthma attacks (I wouldn't have been typing on here!) being unable to breathe is a scary experience. If something presses on your lungs you might find pain too, quite a bit of it. Breathlessness and being unable to breathe are very different in my experience.

Just adding up my symptoms it seems to point to Lymphoma:

- Recurring cold like symptoms
    - Throat irritation
    - Coughing
    - Shortness of breath

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    Just adding up my symptoms it seems to point to Lymphoma:

- Recurring cold like symptoms
    - Throat irritation
    - Coughing
    - Shortness of breath
    You know what else it points to....allergies/cold/sinus. My father in law died of a cancer in the same family. You don't have cancer you have a mental health issue which needs to be addressed.

WARNING: Sunday morning, lack of sleep, in pain ramble.

You know, I’ve stopped commenting on Darkside’s threads as it was extremely frustrating. Like others, I kept trying in the hopes that something would be the slap upside the head words that would wake him up. It just ain’t happening folks.

I’ve been on this forum for 5 years. Hard to believe. The forum deals with a wide and diverse population and variety of mental illnesses, and through all the reading of posts and subsequent research and reading books and online, I’ve truly come to understand anxiety as well as depression.

This forum is but a minute slice of a world with billions of people. One in four have mental illness. I truly believe that statistic is higher. Events in the world, as illustrated in the media, television, published and social, are showing people in a light that’s never been seen before. The vitriol and irrationality spewing from people’s mouths convince me there are sociopaths ready to snap and sadly many have! Now, I’m talking extremes here but you get the picture. The biggest issue is lack of awareness and help. It doesn't help that there's a stigma with mental illness.

My mother (RIP Mom) suffered with it her entire life. Add to that dementia prior to her death. She was in therapy from the time I was 12 or 13 and throughout her life. She had among other things, multiple personality disorder. I remember I came home in the wee hours of the morning after partying and she was at the kitchen table eating ice cream right out of the container. She happened to be on a diet and I said “Mom, what are you doing eating ice cream at 2AM?” She said in a weird kind of voice and not making eye contact: “Leave me alone! I’ll eat it if I want to!”. I was pretty wasted and I just was like “Whoa… she must be sleep walking or something” and went to my room. Growing up, I just thought Mom was weird sometimes. It actually turned out to be one of her many personalities. A stubborn little 8 year old girl. Her psychiatrist was brilliant. He asked to speak with me and explained everything and offered to see me to help me understand and adjust to what was going on.

Many here know I have physical issues and truly, especially lately, it’s been a struggle. My health is failing me. Each month, week and day something else seems to pop up. Same with my wife. I’m really seeing the deficits her illness caused. But we manage. We take our meds and go on with life even when it hurts. I’ve suffered from some depression. I remember the feeling of hopelessness that permeated my thoughts. I can equate it with physical pain. Both can be treated with meds and therapy. Note I said “treated”. Yes, you can be cured but in many cases, like with physical illnesses, things are just “managed”.

With the above in mind, I just finding it so sad So many here have suffered for such a long time. I see many of the same members from when I joined and there are many that have been here 10+ years longer. I’ve seen as anxiety waxes and wanes much like my physical pains do. There are good days and bad days (sometimes weeks, months or years). Sadly, there are some that are nearly incapacitated by their illness. The real sad truth is there are some, like my mother, that no matter the treatment who will suffer with their illness throughout their lives.

Truly, I just wish you all peace.

Positive Thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 24-06-18 at 16:27.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    WARNING: Sunday morning, lack of sleep, in pain ramble.

You know, I’ve stopped commenting on Darkside’s threads as it was extremely frustrating. Like others, I kept trying in the hopes that something would be the slap upside the head words that would wake him up. It just ain’t happening folks.

I’ve been on this forum for 5 years. Hard to believe. The forum deals with a wide and diverse population of variety and mental illnesses, and through all the reading of posts and subsequent research and reading books and online, I’ve truly come to understand anxiety as well as depression.

This forum is but a minute slice of a world with billions of people. One in four have mental illness. I truly believe that statistic is higher. Events in the world, as illustrated in the media, television, published and social, are showing people in a light that’s never been seen before. The vitriol spewing from people’s mouths convince me there are sociopaths ready to snap and sadly many have! Now, I’m talking extremes here but you get the picture. The biggest issue is lack of awareness and help. It it doesn't help that there's a stigma with mental illness.

My mother (RIP Mom) suffered with it her entire life. Add to that dementia prior to her death. She was in therapy from the time I was 12 or 13 and throughout her life. She had among other things, multiple personality disorder. I remember I came home in the wee hours of the morning after partying and she was at the kitchen table eating ice cream right out of the container. She happened to be on a diet and I said “Mom, what are you doing eating ice cream at 2AM?” She said in a weird kind of voice and not making eye contact: “Leave me alone! I’ll eat it if I want to!”. I was pretty wasted and I just was like “Whoa… she must be sleep walking or something” and went to my room. Growing up, I just thought Mom was weird sometimes. It actually turned out to be one of her many personalities. A stubborn little 8 year old girl. Her psychiatrist was brilliant. He asked to speak with me and explained everything and offered to see me to help me understand and adjust to what was going on.

Many here know I have physical issues and truly, especially lately, it’s been a struggle. My health is failing me. Each month, week and day something else seems to pop up. Same with my wife. I’m really seeing the deficits her illness caused. But we manage. We take our meds and go on with life even when it hurts. I’ve suffered from some depression. I remember the feeling of hopelessness that permeated my thoughts. I can equate it with physical pain. Both can be treated with meds and therapy. Note I said “treated”. Yes, you can be cured but in many cases things are just “managed”.

With the above in mind, I just finding it so sad So many here have suffered for such a long time. I see many of the same members from when I joined and there are many that have been here 10+ years longer. I’ve seen as anxiety waxes and wanes much like my physical pains do. There are good days and bad days (sometimes weeks, months or years). Sadly, there are some that are nearly incapacitated by their illness. The real sad truth is there are some, like my mother, that no matter the treatment who will suffer with their illness throughout their lives.

Truly, I just wish you all peace.

Positive Thoughts
    Thank you for sharing this with us FMP I don't normaly do this but to you and your wife what you say is so true especially the closing sentence my friend Peace as always ATB

Thanks for sharing your heartfelt thoughts, FMP. I’m sorry I’m such a pain in the butt around here. Hypochondria is a terrible disease and has robbed me of so much. I don’t want to spend whatever life I have forever battling this mental disease. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. I hope the Wellbutrin will help me turn a corner.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread Information