Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird iPhone pop ups?

Weird iPhone pop ups?

Is anyone else getting weird iPhone ad pop ups/redirects when they click on links in here? Is it the forum or my phone?

Re: Weird iPhone pop ups?

Like what? And when?

If you mean things like "psychotherapy at x clinic", "oriental dating", "clinic for x", etc that show at the top, middle and bottom of the screen - it's the ads that have been added to the forum to generate money. They've been on a while now so have you not been on the site for some months by any chance?

I just turn my Javascript off when on NMP and it removes them as well as greatly speeds up the forum on my Android phone. That does change some of the functions and some don't work without re-enabling it again but they aren't ones you need all the time anyway.

On my Windows laptop I just have an adblocker installed which gets rid of them all.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have also been getting these! I thought my phone had a virus or something. But when I access NMP from my phone browser, I get pop-ups saying something like "You won an iphone" or something else along those lines that I can't just click out of without shutting everything down.

On the odd occasions I use my phone for internet (not that often) I have seen these pop ups saying claim a prize you have been selected claim it now. since I have installed 360 Total Security that gets rid of them so suggest other mobile phone surfers install 36o total security it's free and gets regular updates, these pop ups are nothing to do with NMP or any other sites you visit HTH ATB

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Why haven't I had "Oriental Dating" pop up for me then?

Utter filth! I shall complain about this

Never Surrender, Comrade

Because you don't surf the lady boy sites like me I had Euro dating too but I think Brexit has stopped that

So these are new pops up that lock your screen? They are very annoying and some will crash phone too as they lock them up and vibrate with a prize winning notification and you can't click back or anything.

Block the ads on NMP only as some functions allow if your not fussed about them. They really slow my phone down and cause miss clicks as the page snaps several seconds after it loads up so I had to get rid of them.

KK I get them all the time, too often I close the ads down and Google still shows them bah lol

The regular pop-up blocker was on, but these were still coming through. I just downloaded an adblock app and it seems to be helping so far!

Someone told me the other day of another good blocker that's deemed to work on sites etc like You Tube Cause right now You Tube is pi$$ing me off half way through some music tracks a ad comes up often with a smaller ad next to the larger banner it's annoying very! Well Never Ads apperantly is that good. So going to see if it's cross platforms and give it a go: )ATB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information