Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Pancreatic cancer

Re: Pancreatic cancer

I also have every single symptom you mention, and a good few more. I also know right now it is 100% anxiety (not health anxiety either, have some other stuff going on unrelated to HA). That said, I am pretty proud to be able to look at my physical anxiety symptoms and see them for what they are. When you can get there, and you can, it is an amazing feeling.

We are creatures designed to have anxiety. It serves a purpose. I have always know I would never be anxiety free, I have just strived to feel less of it, and if possible, feel it when it is an appropriate thing to feel. I am starting to get there, to feel anxiety when it is rational to do so, and feel a lot less when it is not. You can too, Snooper1.

I applaud those of you who are mastering their anxiety and their health anxiety. I suppose my question is how do you/i know its health anxiety and not something else?

I am very depressed at the moment and feel i have no life really as all of it is spent in the future which i see as non existent. I lumber from gp appt to the next feeling like i am screaming inside but 'nobody' is listening. I know that is not true but that is what it feels like

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper1 View Post
    The pains come and go. The liver function tests were raised but within satisfactory levels. The last check on these was just the other week and they said they were stable including the glucose level.
    Symptoms of aggresive fast spreading cancers does not come and go.

Having said that, I dont think like some others here that it may only be anxiety that is causing your symptoms; but it is not cancer; then it would be worse. But it could be something like gastritis or mild stomach ulcer or something. You should ask them to check your stomach for possible H pylori bacteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper1 View Post
    I applaud those of you who are mastering their anxiety and their health anxiety. I suppose my question is how do you/i know its health anxiety and not something else?

I am very depressed at the moment and feel i have no life really as all of it is spent in the future which i see as non existent. I lumber from gp appt to the next feeling like i am screaming inside but 'nobody' is listening. I know that is not true but that is what it feels like
    It is REALLY hard. So sorry you are feeling depressed. But I do sense progress in you. You’ve admitted there is a difference between what you feel and what is true. That is progress!
    Is your friend back yet?

Today I am convinced I have a brain tumour. Just telling you so you know there are people out there having similar thoughts and fears!!

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 ----------

Just a thought: have you got any books about health anxiety? There are a few about and they can be really helpful for putting things in perspective. And also try mindfulness: it is a way of bring your attention to the present moment, and away from future fears etc...

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    It is REALLY hard. So sorry you are feeling depressed. But I do sense progress in you. You’ve admitted there is a difference between what you feel and what is true. That is progress!
    Is your friend back yet?

Today I am convinced I have a brain tumour. Just telling you so you know there are people out there having similar thoughts and fears!!

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 ----------

Just a thought: have you got any books about health anxiety? There are a few about and they can be really helpful for putting things in perspective. And also try mindfulness: it is a way of bring your attention to the present moment, and away from future fears etc...
    My friend is being uncommunicative at the moment...long story but he has history of depression also. I have books on health anxiety and have worked through them in the past.

Re the brain tumour.....i also worried about this last year and ended up with a ct head scan as i was suffering twitches all over. have just seen a neurologist who determined that i dont have a brain tumour nor mnd which was a parallel fear. Both are very rare and at least for brain tumours there are now vaccines in the offing that make a big difference. I cant say if you have this but if your gp says no then i guess perhaps health anxiety may be talking?

I HOPE it is the health anxiety talking but like you say, it is hard to tell!!
    I have a gp appointment tomo but she tends to be dismissive of my brain tumour fears(I’ve had them before).
    So it sounds like you need a better real life support network. Do you have siblings/ other family?

I have a sister up north but she doesnt really understand my health anxieties although aware of them for years. She also has a husband who has serious health issues so she has little time for my worries ...she has a lot on her plate. My friends are long suffering and who can blame them for not being too interested after years of trying to help someone who so far has proved not to have any of the things that she has been seriously worried about.

My dad is elderly and is of the generation who go completely with whatever a gp says and so if the gp says all is fine t hen it is!

My sister has recently advocated trying to become part of a church community as they are usually very supportive. I have never been a real church goer although i believe there is something in it.
    My best friend has supported me for many years but as with many others gets exasperated because nothing he says changes my mind.

Yes I know the problem. People get exasperated with me too and I can totally see why!
    But yet from my perspective I’m so so frightened and the thing I’m frightened of COULD be true......
    sometimes I think the best way is to NOT tackle health anxiety head on, but to fill life up with other things. So from that perspective I think the church community would be an extremely good idea. I’m not a church goer either, but I’ve heard about - and seen - the support and compassion they offer people. And also it might detract from the crippling inward focus that comes with health anxiety. Certainly worth giving it a try!

I really feel for you, Snooper. You know you are in the grips of unrelenting HA at a time of particular distress to you in view of your recent bereavement. HA is filling the huge gap in your life in a negative way but filling that gap positively is far from straightforward and it's not just a question of the standard "therapy and meds" solution..
    Your sister is trying to help you constructively and obviously cares for you very much. If you think that there would be some comfort for you in the support of a church community then I think you should at least give it a go? HA is very isolating as it's hard for people to help you if you're locked into HA and unable to modify your mindset.

Panic has set in. More frequent episodes of sweating happening which make me think that a cancer has migrated to the liver. Just want to hide in bed. Seeing doc Tues.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread Information