Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Still worried about ALS

Re: Please help, ALS fear.

There is help here but no one can make it happen but you. This is just an internet forum with sufferers like yourself. Truly, real life professional help that you're made accountable for and would be regular ongoing would be the best advice.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Worried about ALS

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Don't know whether this will help, but about 6 years ago I was terrified that I had some kind of neurological condition. I had twitches and cramps daily. My doctors told me it was nothing to worry about. Even so, I was obsessed. It was all I could think about. Then I actually developed a twitch in my thumb (it would twitch randomly every few seconds). This twitch lasted 2 weeks! Seriously, it was all day every day -
    it stopped me from falling to sleep. I was in bits and convinced I was dying.

But then it went. One day it just stopped. Still no idea why it happened. Now, when I get a twitch, I think back to the time it went away on it's own even when I thought it wouldn't.

I guess my point is that these things happen. They happen to everyone, it's just that most people don't talk about them because they don't worry about them, which makes us feel like they are rare symptoms. But they aren't, they're normal. We are just more aware of what our bodies are doing

Re: Please help, ALS fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    There is help but no one can make it happen but you. This is just an internet forum with sufferers like yourself. Truly, real life professional help that you're made accountable for and would be regular ongoing would be the best advice.

Positive thoughts

Thank you for this response. I made another appointment with my doctor.

Update for those interested:

My doctor is not concerned. He said if I wanted to get an EMG, I can, but he said it would only be for my reassurance. He tested my reflexes and aiad they were good. Still having anxiety about this however, but I guess I feel slightly better.

Still worried about ALS

About a month ago, I got an insane pain in my calf/foot for like 10-15 minutes while at work. I began worrying about it, immediately jumping to ALS. Ever since then, it gets tight sometimes, sometimes it just feels odd, sometimes it feels pretty normal. Sometimes my right ankle feels tight, sometimes my right calf, sometimes my right knee.

I got worried sick and went to the doctor a week later, he let me know its just stress and anxiety.

It continued to get tight and weird feelings on and off and I ended up going to the doctor a few weeks later. He tested my reflexes and said they were great.

A week after my latest doc visit, it still feels weird on and off. Usually its worse when i get anxious or have a panic attack.

I dont know what to do, im scared and it just sucks. Can anxiety really be this powerful?

Re: Still worried about ALS

Quote Originally Posted by 2anxious4this View Post
    About a month ago, I got an insane pain in my calf/foot for like 10-15 minutes while at work. I began worrying about it, immediately jumping to ALS. Ever since then, it gets tight sometimes, sometimes it just feels odd, sometimes it feels pretty normal. Sometimes my right ankle feels tight, sometimes my right calf, sometimes my right knee.

I got worried sick and went to the doctor a week later, he let me know its just stress and anxiety.

It continued to get tight and weird feelings on and off and I ended up going to the doctor a few weeks later. He tested my reflexes and said they were great.

A week after my latest doc visit, it still feels weird on and off. Usually its worse when i get anxious or have a panic attack.

I dont know what to do, im scared and it just sucks. Can anxiety really be this powerful?
    1. ALS=motor, not sensory. That means no pain. You do not have ALS.

2. Yes, it can.

Margaret Thatcher

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

I have had twitches all over different parts of my body for over a year. It started with pins and needles along left side of left hand an d then moved to other areas including toes, thighs, arms. Eyelid twitching was one of the most annoying ones.

Like you i feared als/mnd as all the symptoms seemed to fit. I also fell a couple of times which of course confirmed my fears. I have this week been to see a neurologist who carried out a raft of tests mainly reflexes, visual inspections of muscles etc and she said at the end of it that i dont have mnd. Instead she believes that a llot of it can be down to how i sit at work e.g. resting on elbows while typing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrash View Post
    1. ALS=motor, not sensory. That means no pain. You do not have ALS.

2. Yes, it can.
    Do you have a similar experience?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information