Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another Bone Cancer Thread...

Re: Another Bone Cancer Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Anxiety will cause you to lose weight due to suppressed appetite and eating less and then there's this...

Positive thoughts

Thanks for responding.

Right now my current fear is I may have lung cancer or cancer elsewhere that is causing the weight loss... 26 pounds in a month?! I havent been eating less necessarily but I havent been snacking

Bone cancer to lung cancer in less than two weeks? I think that says it all actually. You're physically fine according to scientific medical tests and professionals. What are you doing to treat your anxiety?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Bone cancer to lung cancer in less than two weeks? I think that says it all actually. You're physically fine according to scientific medical tests and professionals. What are you doing to treat your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

Here's the thing... I started at colon cancer as earlier mentioned. However this has all been in pursuit of finding which potentially metastatic cancer I have that has spread to my bones... I recognize the rarity of primary bone cancer but worry terribly that i have lung cancer or another cancer known to cause weight loss that has spread to my bones and who knows where else. I have pain almost everywhere, and I'm down 26 pounds in a very short time period. I also worry that much of my pains might be referred pain from different organs.

Do you think then that the weight loss could be reasonable and not related to my fears?

I really do appreciate ya, Fishmanpa. I plan to get help for my anxiety IF I turn out to not be terminal...

Quote Originally Posted by Panicer1 View Post
    I plan to get help for my anxiety IF I turn out to not be terminal...
    The "Told Ya So Gang" is still on standby

Quote Originally Posted by Panicer1;
    I have 2 appointments now for Wednesday, one with a urologist and another with my GP.
    What did the doctors say yesterday?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The "Told Ya So Gang" is still on standby

What did the doctors say yesterday?

Positive thoughts
    I assume you already read this and just wanted me to revisit and repeat it for reassurance:
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showpos...6&postcount=15

The thing though is that I genuinely believe any doctor will say they aren't worried about something until they know that it IS FOR SURE clinically significant. I think the weight loss piqued his interest greatly but he was just trying to calm me down. I cant imagine any way losing this amount of weight without a specific diet and lots of exercise is possible other than... my greatest fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Panicer1 View Post
    The thing though is that I genuinely believe any doctor will say they aren't worried about something until they know that it IS FOR SURE clinically significant.
    That wasn't my experience and I'm a survivor of two heart attacks, bypass, stents and Stage IVa Head and Neck cancer. But hey... what do I know?

Anyway... this isn't helping so I'll just wish you good luck!

FMP

That wasn't my experience and I'm a survivor of two heart attacks, bypass, stents and Stage IVa Head and Neck cancer. But hey... what do I know?

Anyway... this isn't helping so I'll just wish you good luck!

FMP
    I really don't want you to feel like I don't value your opinion. I am sympathetic that you have been through a lot, and you are VERY courageous. I'm just so damn worried, y'know?

Your words do actually help, by the way, I'm just very very tightly wound right now.

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

Hi all,

I wanted to ask also if anyone might know if a lot of bubbles in foul smelling diarrhea could be related to all of this. It only happened this one time so far, and that was after I DEVOURED a Wendy's baconator and med fries on top of 2 Kellogg protein bars, carrots, and a belvita for lunch... in a pursuit to at least eat the amount of calories required to maintain my weight and not keep losing... the worrying symptoms seem to keep coming.

I've already had a colonoscopy/endoscopy as mentioned, and was told I did not have celiac. I'm wondering if I may have something else causing malabsorption and perhaps the weight loss. Maybe something not so sinister?

Here's one thing that keeps entering my mind...

If the doctor suspected my weight loss COULD be due to cancer, does it sound likely that he'd have just let me walk out with just a followup appt for autoimmune bloods in 1 week?

I'm trying to rationalize this. I want to believe that if he had even a suspicion they were missing something and that cancer seemed a likely explanation then they'd have sent me for more scans to be sure.

Does that sound accurate? E.g. I mentioned fear of lung cancer due to my rib tenderness and shoulder pains as well as the weight loss, if he thought it was possible a chest x-ray at minimum would have been ordered along with my xrays of the long bones, right?

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 ----------

I know I'm probably getting annoying but I'm very worried and wonder if anyone has any input on my last post. I feel like my weight loss unquestionably warrants further testing but the doctor is only running autoimmune bloods. No CT scans of abdomen, no xrays of chest, that must mean for the moment he doesn't even suspect anything as sinister as I do... right??

My friend is training to be a doctor, its hard not to ask him a million questions but one time he did say to me. If a Doctor is worried and they hear about weight loss they send you for tests. It's clear that even with your weight loss your doctor doesn't think you need further testing! You should make comfort in that. I, lost 3 stone in one month when my anixety about my health was at my worst and my doctor didn't send me for more tests at the time!

Quote Originally Posted by SarahNah View Post
    My friend is training to be a doctor, its hard not to ask him a million questions but one time he did say to me. If a Doctor is worried and they hear about weight loss they send you for tests. It's clear that even with your weight loss your doctor doesn't think you need further testing! You should make comfort in that. I, lost 3 stone in one month when my anixety about my health was at my worst and my doctor didn't send me for more tests at the time!
    Did you really lose 3 stone in a month? No fooling? No exaggerating? And were you still eating?

Thank you so much for your response..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information