Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another twitcher worried about ALS :(

Re: Another twitcher worried about ALS :(

Thank you everyone for your reassurances! Fishmanpa I will read the link you posted above again and again I think the thing that’s really getting me now is the slurring :( I feel I can’t say certain words fast enough...so what do I do? Keep saying tongue twisters ! Argh!!! Thank you all for your positive words....I am truly grateful!

Quote Originally Posted by Dentalmaniac View Post
    I think the thing that’s really getting me now is the slurring :(
    Unless people are asking if you're drunk, it's all in your head

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Nope people are not asking that yet, but I feel like I can't say certain sounds well especially if they're right after certain other ones. Almost have to give a lot of effort and therefore my speech is slow :( I guess time will tell!!! In the meantime, I will take all your positive responses and keep telling myself that my worry can't change anything. I hate this rabbit hole that I have gotten myself into :( Thank you all for listening to me!

Nope people are not asking that yet, but I feel like I can't say certain sounds well especially if they're right after certain other ones. Almost have to give a lot of effort and therefore my speech is slow :( I guess time will tell!!! In the meantime, I will take all your positive responses and keep telling myself that my worry can't change anything. I hate this rabbit hole that I have gotten myself into :( Thank you all for listening to me!
    Can you whistle?

Margaret Thatcher

Yes I can whistle just fine. Why do you ask Andrash?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrash View Post
    Can you whistle?
    Good Question

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yes I can whistle just fine. Why do you ask Andrash?
    Because if you can whistle (and you can) you don't have ALS. Definitely. 100%.

Margaret Thatcher

Now that made me smile

Now that made me smile
    That is the truth If you had bulbar onset ALS, the damage to your facial muscles would have made it completely impossible for you to whistle. No matter how hard you tried you would not have made a sound. Therefore, you 100% do not have ALS.

Margaret Thatcher

Thank you Andrash for your reassurance. I had a better morning yesterday after reading your post but went downhill last night with a big tears blowout as we were out with friends for dinner last night followed by a really depressing wake up this morning. I feel like I need to make a doctors appointment but then am petrified if my fears come true :(

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information