hello all

i keep getting like a lower back pain with a warm feeling
    it started my anxiety off again keep thinking its deadly
    i can not see my doctor to tuesday

feeeling very fed up

Re: lower back pain

please can any one the anxiety really getting to me :(

Yep, I get lower back pain as well. It too started making me panic, but if you find yourself something to preoccupy yourself with then it should go away, at least in my case. Go for a run, do some stretching. That's what I generally try and do.

If youre really worried go to an NHS drop in centre and ask for some advice from them. Theres no point stewing over it for a week, it'll only make your anxiety worse.

As for what you can do in the mean time, go have a nice warm bath or a shower (aiming the water at the sore area) and see if that relieves some of the pain. Anxiety makes us tense and causes more aches and pains than your average person.

I found out years later lower back pain is also a SYMPTOM of Anxiety, wich makes perfect sence as most muscles and nerves link to your spine in some way. When you tense up with panic or whatever this ultimately strains your muscles. When I had it, I developed Sciatica sending pain down your nerves (I had pain in my legs and genitals, I had so many tests on that area wich all came back negative, so embarrassing). Its because the nerves are stretch by the strained back muscles.

Treating it. Brisk walking helped more then running in my expirence, Swimming is Great also as it can relax your mind so you dont tence up so much.
    Obvious things like Generally try to keep relaxed and avoid heavy lifting.
    Herbal remedies such as almond oil and "Magic Mint" are available from most health food shops
    Your posture also plays a big part keeping a strait back etc
    I whould very highly recommend reading "Treat Your Own Back" by Robin Mckenzie it contains lots of information about back pain and exercise to alleviate it and how to stop it coming back. Cheaper then an osteopath of physiotherapist too.

If you like I can write some of his exercises down here for you to try.

Hiya

I know everyone is different, but i injured my back in 08 ( i slipped on some snow in a spectacular fashion in front of everyone!) and I hurt my back. For a whole year i suffered with a burning sensation as if someone was a holding a lighter to my skin and often got an electric shock feeling if i got up to quick or turned in bed! I later found out i had damged the muscles and its something i have to live with and now im pregnant its more noticable. could it be you've pulled your back? i find anxiety makes mine worse and sometimes i feel it in my bottom cheeks too!! (sorry!!)

I agree with the steps other people have said, relax and pop and see your Gp.

Sending Hugs xx

thank you all for the replys and great support

right now just having a real bad time i keep thinking everything is the big c
    am 26 this is ruinning me :(

I think the thing to remember, is that whilst cancer does happen in the young, it's highly unlikely. At young age, espcially between 18-35 the human body can take alot of damage, and the human body can defend itself from many, many diseases. All I advise is to generally take care of your body, eat lots of fruit and vegetables, the vitamins and minerals from these help the immune system destroy cancerous cells, as well as cancerous cells normally destroy themselves. It's only really in rare circumstances that that a cancerous cell fails to either destroy itself or for the immune system to kill it.

thank you clownwithleprosy

as my friend told me if this back pain was something deadly it be lot more pain full
    and not just on and off pain

it be full on pain

Absolutely, indeed your friend is correct.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information