Thread: Trifluoerazine/Stelazine

Trifluoerazine/Stelazine

i was prescribed some today because i get so worked up and upset and panic and dont like to think of the future and dont sleep well ontop of being depressed

but this stelazine isnt somethings ive taken befor, and frankly im abit nervous to try it,i dont think its an average anti depressant or anti anxiety medication, google said its for schizophrenia, but thats deffinatly not my problem

has anyone ever has this prescribed for severe anxiety ? if so, what is it like?

Re: Trifluoerazine/Stelazine

I was prescribed it over 2 and a half years ago and it made a huge difference to me. It slowed down my thinking rate to a manageable pace and irrational scenarios of what might happen lessened greatly.
    I am on a dose of 2mg twice daily which is a low dose of the drug, schizophrenics have much higher doses than this.
    It helped me immensely to get outside again and be able to fight anxiety and panic effectively. I am still on it and now i can function normally with very few anxiety and panic attacks, even if they do come i can work through them now.
    It works quickly too so you would feel the benefit of it the next day.
    Good luck with it

Re: Trifluoerazine/Stelazine

i wonder why there isnt a main thread about this stuff. ive been on it since 2001 and it has definately helped me. ive been on 1mg right upto 40mg a day of the liquid stuff, the 40mg was 2x5mg 4 times daily(never again). side effects are movements in my neck/head area and on anything above 5mg a day i get pacing aswell. yes it is to treat thoughts on the higher dose and anxiety/panic on lower dose. i'd say this works better than the tablet form and works within 30 mins if less of taking it. if your on 1mg solution and feel unable to handle your thoughts/anxieties and feel you need stronger you could enquire about the 5mg solution, but bear in mind the difference between taking 5x1mg doses compared to 1 5mg dose is vast and the taste isnt nice as the 1mg stuff. if you get movements or stiffness or any difficulties sleeping postions, or you feel your walking with lead boots on then thats side effects and the medicine i got was procyclidine, which worked within 3 days. im just giving you my experiences of this drug, but if you can cope with it and its effects, i would say its give it a go.

Thread Information