Thread: 4 time on citalopram

4 time on citalopram

Hi guys so it is my 4 time on citalopram the 1st time I took it it helped the anxiety and depression when I was 15 but since then when I take it it makes things worse but the new dr is confident it will help so agreed to give it a shot I have to take 10 for a week and 20 after I am not feeling to bad on 10 a slits increase in nervousness but manageable but not looking forward in taking 20 I know it can take time but was on flueoxatine a few months ago and did the same and stuck it out for 8-9 weeks should I give citalopram longer? The dr wants to be carefull because when it did help it made me manic I am not bipolar but for some reason it made me so happy I didn't care and loved life lol .

Re: 4 time on citalopram

That's an interesting post, I was wondering too if it could make you manic. Of course a lot of people don't really understand what being manic means, and they see a huge improvement in their lives and they embrace it, but I was noticing signs lately which reminded me of someone I knew very well who was manic depressive and had intense ups and intense downs. I was kinda looking at myself go this week and I was like woah -- if I don't stop, I'm going to hit a wall. Haven't hit said wall yet and maybe this is just "normal" and it's a huge contrast compared to before, so I think to myself it's an intense up when really, I'm just happy, organized and catching up on years of not tackling some issues or tasks...

I have had a few people warn me though to take it easy and to allow myself breaks and to relax and not try to do so much just cause I can and there are no more limitations. So I try to remind myself to take breathers and nights off once in a while.

As for the side effects 8-9 weeks should def. allow you to see some improvements, you'll see some for sure around that mark, for me I was 100% certified feeling "amazing" and my doctor nearly fell off his chair when he saw me at my 2 month consult.

GOOD LUCK

Thread Information