Home | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms and conditions
User Name
Password
Panic / Panic Attacks Please post any messages here about Panic and Panic Attacks.

Old 05-01-17, 01:39
Intermediate Member

Re: Fear of taking Zoloft

I know how you feel about taking meds. The Xanax is helping a Bit but I think I need to try another SSRI
I tried Zoloft for only 8 days
I may give in and try again
Old 05-01-17, 03:11
Intermediate Member

Can you get a close friend or family member to spend the night and sort of "babysit" (or at least hang out and keep an eye on you)?
Do you have anyone you can trust to do that?
Tell them your fears, tell them you're starting a new medication. Do it on a weekend night, and have a friend sleep over. Watch movies and have pizza. Try to relax and take your mind off the Zoloft... but let your friend know your concerns with starting a new drug, and just have them sort of keep an eye on you for any strange or serious side effects.
I'm sure there will be none, but it might make you feel less scared if you weren't alone the first time you took it.
Best wishes!
Old 07-01-17, 00:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassPinata View Post
Can you get a close friend or family member to spend the night and sort of "babysit" (or at least hang out and keep an eye on you)?
Do you have anyone you can trust to do that?
Tell them your fears, tell them you're starting a new medication. Do it on a weekend night, and have a friend sleep over. Watch movies and have pizza. Try to relax and take your mind off the Zoloft... but let your friend know your concerns with starting a new drug, and just have them sort of keep an eye on you for any strange or serious side effects.
I'm sure there will be none, but it might make you feel less scared if you weren't alone the first time you took it.
Best wishes!
Thank you for the advice. my husband knows im suppose to start this medication... im just scared of it. but i feel like im lossing my mind. and i think this drug will help if i could just get myself to take it
Old 11-01-17, 03:45

I was prescribed that too and I told my doctor about my fears and she told me not to take it because of my health anxiety, if I did happen to get a similar symptom to the side effects listed (even if it wasn't anything bad and was just related to anxiety) that it could set off a panic attack.

Instead she gave me propranolol, which has a much less scary side effects list in my opinion. You could give that a try? It doesn't really help with your mood, but it does lessen your anxiety symptoms so that can help you feel better.

Tags
fear, taking, zoloft