Thread: Shooting pains over eye & head (worry worry)

Jem27 Guest

Shooting pains over eye & head (worry worry)

I have chronic sinusutis, have had it for 3 months or more now, im on antibiotics again this week to try to clear any infection up and using a steroid spray.

Since yesterday ive had a shooting pain over right eye & forehead, sinus pain? stress? the wind?even though its warm, lol!

Its worrying me anyway because when your frontal sinuses get infected thats aparently when your most at risk of meningitis, grrrrr. I know I am on antibiotics but its only 250mg 3x a day of amoxicillin, usually for sinusitis they give 500mg 3x a day but for some reason GP hasn't so im worried it won't get rid of any infection and I will be at more of a risk of meningitis.

Slap away if you wish:(

JEM JEM JEM,

Slaps in thousands coming your way lol. Do you know you make me realise I'm not mad cos I'm as bad if not worse than you lol. Hope your enjoying daughters birthday hun and quit yer worrying cos thats my job.xxx

Take Care

Mandyxx

Jem

What about my reply to you yesterday. Have you considered that one - the muscle in the back/neck?

Nicola

Hi Jem sorry to hear your having a bad time.Im sure you wont get meningitis,sinus problems are really hard to treat,maybe gp wanted to start you of on a low dose first.You may be so stressed its causing the aches and pains pet.Iv had allsorts of pains the last couple of days being so anxiou
    Take care

Ellen XX

Jem27 Guest
    Thanks all:-)

I was on 250mg a few weeks ago and now im on 250mg again, wish he had given me a stronger dose to try shift it. Its worrying me sick the longer it goes on.

I still think you should look at the physio thing.

Nicola

Jem27 Guest
    Thanks Nicola,

I'd laugh if it was muscular and not my sinuses at all and ive worried for years, lol!

hi Jem

having the same thing at the moment hun, got like a tingle that happens every now and again. it starts behind my ear and goes all the way to the top of my head then stops, its scaring me sh**less, im still suffering with sinus's to but dr wont give me anything
    take care hun
    leanne

i just wanna feel normal

I have had these shooting pains over my eyebrows and forehead-scares me for a moment then i worry i have an aneurysm or something rediculous! only for it to go the next day and realise how i catastreophize everything!
    I normally get these type of pains with tension headaches...do you suffer from these?.......when i press on the area above my eyebrow it kills when i have a tension headache........its the muscles in your forehead that tense........but for you it could be your sinuses thats causing the pains
    take carex

Jem27 Guest
    Yes yesterday when I touched the area where the shooting pains were it hurt and it then shot up my head, was horrible. Thats gone today but ive a nasty headache all day, think its tension, tight aroudnn back of head, ears & forehead.

Thread Information