Thread: Why is this happening?

Why is this happening?

First of all, I hope everyone has had a great Christmas and wishing the very best for 2009 for everyone here.

Something happened today for the second time in 2 weeks and I was wondering if anyone knew or could give me some reassaurance!

It started off with a very small headache, and a general feeling of grogginess. I then went to bed and started googling symptoms (BAD idea) and started feeling worse. I then had a pounding headache, was shaking, and eventually felt extremely sick. I tried lying down and closing my eyes but I had to rush to the bathroom and was a little sick, and by then I could barely stand up I was shaking so much. I then managed to get back to bed, slept for around 4 hours and woke up feeling much better. This happened about 2pm this afternoon.

What on earth is wrong? I'm extremely worried that if I'm away (such as at work) this will be unbearable. THe last time, this happened on Christmas eve and my dad was driving me to see my aunt. I'm worried that it might have happened because I slept for 10 hours last night. Does anyone know of this, has had something similar, or might it be serious? Thanks!! Happy 2009

Re: Why is this happening?

Hi Graz - it could be migraine. I would pop along to the doctor and explain what happened. If they think that it is migraine then there is medication that you can take next time you feel it coming on that will ease the symptoms for you.

Hi! Happy Christmas to you too! I have the same identical symptoms, I think.
    I get a big pressure on my head and then feel dizzy and sick. I feel like I'm going to faint. Blurred visions and really bad feelings. Is it the same for you?
    It happens suddenly without expectations. I'm sure that is caused by anxiety. Try not to stress out. And if it happens again try to wash your face with cold water or go out and breathe some fresh air and relax. It usually makes it go away a little bit.
    I wish you a Wonderful New Year!

Thankyou both I think it is a migrane, it must be...so it's worrying these are happening now all of a sudden! Will go to the doc's soon, I bet he's tired of seeing me now!

pfmelody, the first time it happened I was anxious, but today I wasn't and it happened...and on both occasions it started with a very slight headache lasting for a few hours, followed by the dizziness and the awful spliting, pouding headache. I did open the big bathroom window for some fresh air and it seemed to help.

Have a wonderful new year to you both

Thread Information