Thread: Hello everyone - just catching up!

Hello everyone - just catching up!

I just had a quick look round to see how everyone is and to wish you all loads of love!

Also, just in case anyone wants to know I thought I'd update on how I am....

Over a year's worth of CBT has really helped to reduce my anxiety and panic symptoms. Unfortunately my physical health does not seem to be improving which is disappointing. I think it is interesting to note that when I first came here I was attributing nearly all my physical symptoms to anxiety and it turns out I was wrong.

I have discovered I have an underactive thyroid and started thyroxine recently (although no improvement yet) which may well account for many of my symptoms too. I have osteoarthritis which is so so painful sometimes too and I am still struggling with my tummy - I have a hiatus hernia and inflammation of the duodenum.

I still have dreadful nights filled with acute pain, mainly with my stomach, days when I can hardly walk with the joing pain and days when my whole body hurts which is probably the ME.

However, these days I just accept that I have poor health, I no longer panic and look for answers, I just try to relax as much as possible and accept the symptoms and feel grateful for the days I feel ok, which seem to come in small batches.

I also still get days when I have weird unexplained pains/symptoms... but they usually pass eventually!

I still find so much joy with Jet my dog although my knees have made walking as much as I would like difficult.

My daughter in law, Sarah, had her bone marrow transplant this time last year and is doing so so well! She and my son are off to Florida tomorrow

This is a fantastic site with some of the most amazing people and I do wish you all love, peace, luck and healing

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
    Good and bad things WILL happen!

Re: Hello everyone - just catching up!

Just giving you a hug for being the special lady that you are my old chum!!!!

Love Piglet

Hi Fee

Lovely to see you back

Glad you have sorted out some of the real illnesses from the anxiety one and I hope you can get on top of them all too.

Welcome back!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Fee,

I can so relate to many of the illnesses you have. I do hope you feel better soon and know that some days are better than others. I am thrilled to know that your son and Sarah are off for a holiday to Florida. They will have a great time. It has finally cooled off some.

Hugs,

Laura

Hi Fee,

Lovely to hear form you mate

Very positive post and sounds like you're coping well Sorry you still have health issues though

Really glad sarah and Mark are ok, hope they have a lovely holiday as they certainly deserve it.

Big hugs to you and Jet and keep in touch

Lisa x

Thank you nel, nic,belle and lisa! This is such a warm and fluffy place (or is that the glass of red wine I had this evening!)

Hope you are all well this evening xxxxxxxx

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
    Good and bad things WILL happen!

Lol Fee - might be the wine mate

Hope you're having a good weekend

Lisa x

Thread Information