Thread: panic attacks and anxiety from meds?

panic attacks and anxiety from meds?

I take Gabapentin-- which is similar to pregabalin, just an older version (the lowest dose, and am experiencing increased anxiety and even had a panic attack while on it). I felt like the medicine was over powering my clonazepam. I usually do not nave panic attacks while on clonazepam. What do I do? I've tried a few medicines. Is this a normal reaction? I was going to put a call into my doctor, but I see her in a week. Has anyone experience an increase in anxiety while on this med? I thought it was supposed to be calming??? I woke up from a nap and my heart was racing and my body was trembling. I'm so depressed over this.

---------- Post added at 18:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

Can I be causing myself the anxiety attacks?

Re: panic attacks and anxiety from meds?

You really should find a discussion board for gabapentin, as this thread is for pregabalin, so posters here can't comment from their experience.

In general, people who take pregabalin and a benzodiazepine try to rely on the pregabalin for regular use, and reserve the benzodiazepine for occasional use only if anxiety increases to a high level. It's probably not a good idea to take pregabalin and a benzodiazepine together both on a regular basis.

If you find your regular dose of gabapentin (without clonazepam) is not enough to control your anxiety, you should discuss increasing your dose with your doctor, as you say you are on the minimum dose.

Thread Information