Thread: 20 mg Fluoxetine side effects

20 mg Fluoxetine side effects

Had some stomach problems this past week. Nothing serious so they put me on Ondansetron & Prilosec. Then they put me on Prozac 20 mg for anxiety. I’m on day 4 and I feel really nauseous. Also experiencing a little dizziness & fatigue. I can eat but not too much. Feel like throwing up but don’t. Really anxious as well. Also feeling like my body is moving while I’m laying down. Strange sensation. This pharmacy tech told me to ride it out and that it will get better. I’m just scared.

Re: 20 mg Fluoxetine side effects

Hi jarisgap
    Welcome to nmp
    I'm a long term user myself of fluoxetine 20mg, they are one of the slower working antidepressants to build up in your system and what your describing does sound like the start up effects as they can take 6-8 weeks to build up in the system. If you have a browse around the forum there are loads of post for fluoxetine diaries that the lovely people have put on of what to expect day by day week by week I found these so helpful when I started fluoxetine, as your right it can be scary.
    Hope things settle soon for you take care

Selina x

Really? Okay. Will do. Day 5. The anxiety is horrible. I’ve been awake for 3 hours and haven’t been able to go back to sleep.

Hi, I had similar problems with sleeping, sometimes only an hour & it was taking its toll by making my anxiety extremely worse, so saw my GP and he gave me Mirtazapine 30mg......I took one an hour before I wanted to sleep, 10 o'clock for 11o'clock and I had the best sleep for weeks....
    felt a bit groggy in the morning but as time has gone on that has more or less become ok.....I take a Prozac 20mg first thing in the morning & as mentioned the Mirtazapine at night.....I am on my 7th week now and by no means 100% myself but much better and as everyone says stick with it so im doing my best...My anxiety by the way is always worse in the morning....hang on in there im sure we will all get better......

Thread Information