Thread: Flueoxetine Journey

Flueoxetine Journey

So I wanted to maybe post my own journey & experience with Fluoxetine. I’ve been on it before and it helped improve my mood. Didn’t experience any side effects but that was years ago.

I’ve been dealing with anxiety and sleep issues for over a month now. I also deal with derealization with the anxiety. I was prescribed Hydroxyzine 25 mg for 2 weeks. Helped lessen the panic attacks but the anxiety was still sort of there. Got switched to Prozac & Doxepin 5 days ago and had to quit Hydroxyzine that day. Having horrible side effects so far.

Days 1-3, didn’t notice anything except for horrible nausea on day 3.

Day 4 (yesterday), horrible nausea, slept a little better though. Anxiety got pretty bad. Couldn’t nap at all. Brain fog is horrible. Can eat but not a lot. Slight dizziness as well. Might be from the panic attacks. Oh yeah, and had slight depression. Could not sleep for awhile because stomach hurt. Dry mouth as well.

Day 5 (today), woke up at 6:30 and had horrible anxiety and had a couple panic attacks. Anxiety lasted for hours. The hyperventilating left me kind of dizzy for a bit. Brain fog is stilll horrible. Nausea isn’t completely horrible but it’s kind of bad. Barely left the house for a week and finally left today and that made me feel a little better. That’s probably why the anxiety got so rampant as well because of the isolation. Feeling pretty anxious and tired right now. Still at a friends house. Brain fog is causing anxiety. Can think clearly. Thinking about going to the ER. Oh yeah! I’m also on Prilosec & Ondansetron for the stomach pains. We’ll see how day 6 goes. I’ll post again tomorrow. (Also, I take Flu in the AM)

Re: Flueoxetine Journey

Day 6: Went to the ER last night and they prescribed Lorazepam/Ativan 1 mg. Had a panic attack there and then got home, and for some reason felt better but exhausted. Sleep was off again. Woke up with anxiety. Took my fluoxetine & Ativan and felt calm within about 40 minutes and was able to sleep longer. Which NEVER happens. That was awesome. Woke up later and still felt super tired. Actually got out of the house today too. That was awesome. Nausea isn’t really bad anymore, appetite is slowly increasing. Been eating more healthy and lighter so I think my body is trying to get used to that so kind of have a sick feeling a bit. I was also able to nap for a couple hours and OMG, that was amazing. I have never napped like that in over a month. Not 100% but better than I was a couple days ago. We’ll see how I sleep tonight but I have high hopes!

Hiya jarisgap
    Glad to hear you managed to sleep a bit better, I think getting good rest makes all the difference, hope things start to even out for you very soon
    Take care
    Selina x

Quote Originally Posted by leenalou View Post
    Hiya jarisgap
    Glad to hear you managed to sleep a bit better, I think getting good rest makes all the difference, hope things start to even out for you very soon
    Take care
    Selina x
    Yes! Thank you so much.

---------- Post added at 07:56 ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 ----------

Day 7: Slept most of the night then woke up and took my Ativan and Flu then went back to sleep until 1 pm! I’ve never slept in like that in a long time. I was tired most of the day with just a little anxiety but nothing unmanageable. Nausea was almost non-existent. Appetite was still a little lighter but I still managed to eat more than I had been. Ate 4 pizzas before bed, that probably wasn’t a good idea! Went to bed quite early too and woke up early as well. Think I’m kind of getting sick though. Weathers changing. Might go back to sleep. Actually got out of my house and stayed at my friends house too! I’m slowly working towards getting better. Keep me in your prayers!

Day 8 Took the flu in the AM then the Ativan around 11 am. Fell back sleep for over an hour I believe. Was a little anxious throughout the day but I was mostly okay. Was still pretty tired all day though. Took another nap around 6 and slept til 7. I’m so amazed that I could nap. I’ve never been able to for over a month. Appetite is getting better too! It’s late too and I just now took an Ativan. Will help me sleep. Only on the Ativan for a couple more days so hopefully the fluoxetine will kick in by then!

It's good to hear you're starting to see improvements! For me it's been a bit of an up and down journey but the overall trajectory has been in the right direction. Stick with it and one day soon you'll realise that you haven't felt bad in a while

Day 15: Omg I feel so horrible. For the past couple of days, the anxiety has been so terrible. Can’t sleep in. When will this start to kick in??? I hate this feeling so much.

Thread Information