Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just started sertraline feel awful

just started sertraline feel awful

hi i have just been prescribed sertraline today 50mg. took it about 2 hours ago and already feel awful, really panicky and anxious, exactly what i was scared ofhappening with meds. anyone else had a reaction like this so quickly, sorry just very scared adn don't like this feeling at all

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: just started sertraline feel awful

Very natural to feel like you do Jackie. I'm on 50mg too and in the beginning I did get heightened anxiety but not so quickly as you seem to have. The drug wouldn't have peaked in your blood levels so quickly so it could be your own anticipation of fearing the worst too!

It does take a few weeks or more for the drug to start having a positive effect but I would persevere because it's helped me more than any other AD has so far - and I've been on loads.

Hope you feel better soon...

Never Surrender, Comrade

thanks you probably right and i am just making my self panic waiting for something to happen. glad it has help you hope it does me as well

Smile Re: just started sertraline feel awful

Hi there, I too just started on Sertraline 50mg, I have broke mine in half and gonna take half for two weeks and then go up to 50mg. I had these about 5 years ago and they are the only AD's that really worked for me. I had a real bad experience with prozac last yr and am now terrified of meds. However I have got to the point where I do need to take them but am real worried about how I am going to feel before I get better.

I took mine this morn and have felt ok up til now, but my stomach has started to churn and I feel real anxious now.

We may be able to help each other through the next couple of weeks Jackie as we both at the same sort of stage xxx

Are you on any other med? My doctor gave me sertraline (Zoloft) along with Ativan (lorazapam).

Quote Originally Posted by And1404 View Post
    Hi there, I too just started on Sertraline 50mg, I have broke mine in half and gonna take half for two weeks and then go up to 50mg. I had these about 5 years ago and they are the only AD's that really worked for me. I had a real bad experience with prozac last yr and am now terrified of meds. However I have got to the point where I do need to take them but am real worried about how I am going to feel before I get better.

I took mine this morn and have felt ok up til now, but my stomach has started to churn and I feel real anxious now.

We may be able to help each other through the next couple of weeks Jackie as we both at the same sort of stage xxx
    hi now on day 3 - not too bad yesterday, abouut 4 mini panics which i somehow managed to control to stop goign full blown, felt shaky all day and headache, dont know if headache cos of tension or cos of meds though prob a bit of both. was supposed to go for a meal last night though wiht my son before he goes away for 6 weeks and couldn't face it so felt crap over that though he understnads. stilll got headache this morning but do feel a little calmer so far but its early yet. i think i am goign to persevere but goign to take tablet at night just to be sure of taking at same timne every day, mornings are difficult don't always get up at same time lol. like everyone else on this site just want to feel better. i am more than happy to keep chatting to help each other through. i usually only take meds for a little while thengive up cos i can't stand side effects but have got to stage where i need them and can't control teh panic anxiety on my own. i keep looking at peoples responses to this med and a lot of people seem to say it has worked better than some others with less side effects so hears hoping they are right.

I know exactly what you mean about the meds. I usually give up too. I feelin sickly all the time but my mood has lifted. Just hoping I don't go nuts like I did with fluoxetine, that really scared me. If the side effects get bad whic they shouldn't ad I have had these meds before I will ask the doc to give me some propranolol like he did when I had to come off the Prozac. It reduces the heightened anxiety. Stick in there jackie, I know it's hard! Are you undergoing any therapy?? I gonna have some cbt.

I know exactly what you mean about the meds. I usually give up too. I feelin sickly all the time but my mood has lifted. Just hoping I don't go nuts like I did with fluoxetine, that really scared me. If the side effects get bad whic they shouldn't ad I have had these meds before I will ask the doc to give me some propranolol like he did when I had to come off the Prozac. It reduces the heightened anxiety. Stick in there jackie, I know it's hard! Are you undergoing any therapy?? I gonna have some cbt.

having counselling at work through occy health its ok but not great. did try cbt before private but it was far too dear so had to stop. gp going to refer me but we all know that the lists are long. i had fluoxetine in oct last year only took 2 made me feel like a zombie, felt really really bad with them. i dont feel sick today just got a thick head - hungover without the booze

I don't feel too bad today, felt very anxious first two days and sickly but so far today been ok. Hope you havin a better day too xx

I don't feel too bad today, felt very anxious first two days and sickly but so far today been ok. Hope you havin a better day too xx

hi, glad to hear you had a better day. i am now on day 5. still got a slight headache, and a bit groggy first thing, like the feeling you get when you slept to long. panic and anxiety have lessened - hopefully that will contiue, but certainly feel calmer. going to persevere with these little tablets as the mild headache far outways the anxiety i was having without them. hope you have a good day today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information