Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Periods Aaaagghhh!!

Angry Periods Aaaagghhh!!

Hi There

Any ladies out there who`s symptoms are worse leading up to their period? Here`s a list of mine - lethargic, no motivation, depressed, tired, light headed. They sometimes change and some months are worse than others but once my period has started I`m back to my old bubbly self for a couple of weeks, until the next time!
    Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention that I want to eat everything too!! I`m trying to lose weight so it`s not helping!!
    I have been on Norethisterone (mini-pill) but it made no difference and I gave it over a year to get into my system! I don`t need to use contraception so any ideas??

Tanya xx

Re: Periods Aaaagghhh!!

Hi Tanya

Yes i can relate to this too as i get most of the symptoms you mentioned. I am 100% worse the day before, i get SOOOOOO down that i could cry at the drop of a hat and that's just not me.

Nightmare isn't it lol

Lisa
    xxx

yea definatly i normally have a really bad panic attack and then my anxiety stays with me for the whole week its horrid!!!!!!!!!!!!1 i was on cerrazette but it was maling my panics worse so ive come of it

I'm at the stage in my life where every month just takes so much out of me. It leaves me drained, and my face looks chalk white! and I'm no spring chicken!!
    Yes, periods do take an awful lot out of some people and make you feel stressed and very tired I'm hoping to say goodbye to that problem soon!! Have you tried all the usual recommended things like evening primrose oil, vitamin b, etc? Some people swear by it.
    Myra

I have tried the evening primrose capsules, which I took for a couple of years but they had no effect and I take multivitamins every day so I`m not sure what to do next. I think if I mention it to my doctor he`ll just put me on more hormone pills.

Tanya xx

im to the same my panic attacks and anx are really bad few days befor and during i hate it my doc says its all to do with my hoarmoans yeh i gathered tht but wht can we all do about it i dread it and have tryed contraceptive pills to try and calm it but nothing works for me x

im the same my husband notices it before i do he says guess your comming on your a miserable cow,but i do get lightheaded headaches etc the joys of being a woman never ends does it

amandaxx

hi im the same i get overheated and my anxiety seems to kick off.MY energy levels drop to zero and i find it hard to do anything,i get so lethargic.Ive also noticed when i ovulate it feels like a golf ball passing through my tube not a minute tiny egg

I had a dreadful night last night as I`ve finally come on properly now. I woke up at 2am, took some Ibuprofen, tried to get back to sleep but was having really painful stomach cramps on the right hand side (don`t know why as I had my right ovary and fallopian tube removed four years ago!) so, I went downstairs until the tablets kicked in and finally went to bed at 4am!
    Had to be up early this morning as we were suppose to be having new windows fitted and they didn`t turn up!! Aaaaggghhhh! They`re coming Friday now.
    I feel groggy and tired today and not up to much. It is good to hear that I`m not the only one who`s effected by `monthlys`. I`m hoping I`ll be done by Saturday for a Halloween party!!

Tanya xx

Hey, just thought I`d give you an update on this thread as I`ve just got back from seeing my doctor. I told him about how I seem to be following a pattern of anxiety, depression etc every month leading up to my period and he`s prescribed me water tablets (co-amilofruse).

I`ve never been on these before but he said to go back in a month to see how I`m doing. I only have to take one a day for 8 days leading up to my period to counteract the bloating and water retention, which he says can effect the brain, hence, the PMS!

I`ll let you know how I get on!

Tanya x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information