Thread: Fast Pulse

Fast Pulse

I have had an E.C.G before X-mas and all was fine other than my heart rate was 106 - Doctor said a little fast. Now I am worrying all over again. I went to the drug store to get a prescription for my cold
    and I sat down at the blood pressure machine and my heart rate was 119.
    I have checked my heart rate I'll bet 30 times since i have been home
    and can't get it below 90-120. I am nervous that it will go higher or that something will result of this. I also heard of people having heart disease and this makes my mind go crazy.
    Can anyone tell me what is normal and what rate should be alarming?
    Trina

Trina

hi trina.

im not sure about that rate your pulse is meant to go or what is normal but when i had mine done it was about 76 i think. You just need to calm down and take your mind off of it and dont check your pulse for a couple of days or so. i bet it will go down in no time. i dont think its too high though and it wont harm you.. trust me.

keep us posted.

hugs Rachel xxx

hi trina,

there have been many posts on here,from people saying the same as you...its another symptom of anxiety!

having a bad cold,is probably affecting the rate,as well...the best way to get your pule down,is by relaxing...long hot bath...relaxation tapes...read a good book...breathing exercises(when your colds gone)...bach rescue remedy...the list is endless...cut out caffein products,and eat more grean vegetables...vitaminB complex etc...best wishes..bryan.

Trina

I usually get a fast pulse, not sure how fast but i get it before and during school. Just take ya mind of it by going on the computer, watching TV, cooking, knitting or sewing, reading, writing poems etc.

You're ok, promise.

Jade

Hi Trina,

Dont worry yourself about your pulse rate. Youv'e had an ECG and everything was fine so there is nothing wrong with your heart. When we are anxious our pulse rate is always slightly higher but so what, nothing bad is going to happen because of it.

I guy in my work had a blood pressure strap thing to check his throughout the day and I tried it. My pulse at the time was 91 beats per minute which is slightly higher than normal but I was busy at work so that caused it to be higher. The more you focus on how fast it is beating the faster it actually beats..believe me I know this for a fact. I used to take my pulse all the time throughout the day, but now realise that it doesnt matter if I take my pulse because nothing is going to happen to me if it beats slightly quicket than normal.

Take Bryans advice and do some deep breathing, take a nice hot relaxing bath, read a nice book or listen to some relaxing music. Do anything to take your mind of your heart and your heart will soon slow done a bit...I promise.

Take care

sadie

Hi Trina,

If it gets to 170 beats per min and stays there for over 30 mins at complete rest you may worry .

This is very achieveable during exercise though and geting your heart rate up to about 150 - 160 is a target for some Gym loving people.

Your heart rate will have been a tiny bit higher than normal as
    a)you had an infection - increases metabolic rate, oxygen demand and therefore blood flow.
    b)You had been moving about
    c) worrying - a big stimulus

All of the above advice is great .

Mind how hot the bath is- if it is very hot it will increase your blood flow to get rid of heat by bringing the blood closer to the surface and thus increase the heart rate.
    I love a very hot bath but I always come out with a heart rate of 120 odd and feeling dizzy but it passes quickly and I love the other benefits so carry on and know it's all my doing and accept the transient consequences.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Thank you everyone!

Trina

Trina

jade does your mum and dad know about your pa's?

hugs rachel xx

Hi Trina,

I was in your shoes last week. I was getting an EKG done as a precaution. I didn't understand what people were saying about ignoring your pulse at first but they're right in saying that if you ignore your pulse rate you'll be fine. Prior to having my EKG I was freaking out when my pulse went up to 120 when all I did was go downstairs and get something to drink. I now don't even check my pulse rate after acknowleging that I'm healthy.

Chris

Thread Information