Thread: Anxiety and Paranoia/Hearing things when I'm going to sleep

Anxiety and Paranoia/Hearing things when I'm going to sleep

Hello all,

So last night I was trying to go to sleep and right when I was about to drift off I hear a voice should loudly in my ear. From that moment through the rest of the night I couldn't go to sleep. I kept thinking intrusive thoughts that were absolutely ridiculous like thought of me becoming possessed or me or my brother dying, and my body just didn't feel right. I would try to calm myself down and drift off to sleep again only to have another loud mental disturbance happen. I haven't been properly diagnosed with a panic or anxiety disorder although I was prescribed Xanax to help me go to sleep (which I haven't used yet because I recently have been sleeping fine on my own). Has anyone had any of this happen to them? Or can anyone help soothe my worries?

Re: Anxiety and Paranoia/Hearing things when I'm going to sleep

Yes ive definitely had this. Its always as im drifting off to sleep i'll hear a mans voice. He never actually says any words, just sounds like "aahhhhhhh". I always jump up with fright. It got to the point where i would leave my curtains and bedroom open as i felt safer. Im pretty sure its all down to anxiety xx

Mabelina xx

yes definatley anxiety....................as soon as i started to fear schizophrenia and hearing noises
    everytime i would drift off i would hear something pretty loud like a voice of someone......
    its anxiety guaranteed if you think your going to hear something before going to sleep then it will happen .
    without the fear it wont exist and remember if you do fear schizophrenia or been insane remember a insane person wouldnt be bothered about it..whereas you are your on the opposite side of insane if you like.

Hi there, ive experienced weird things at night as well and intrusive thoughts that i cant stop, the best thing to do is say to yourself if this doesnt stop soon im going to get up , and do it , even if its just put the light on for a min just take yourself out of it for a while. You may have to do this a lot for a few nights but its worked for me i dont get the thoughts half as much as iused to. Its all part of anxiety and its a common one as well, so your not going mad dont worry love paige x

Thanks all :-)

Thread Information