I have been lurking this forum since I started fluoxetine. I started on May 4th, 2012.

I had a couple days of insomnia early on and appetite decreased significantly. The insomnia only lasted a couple of days, the decreased appetite has continued. It feels like my stomach is a thinly stretched balloon and cannot hold much food. I may be really loving my food and want to eat more, but I will gag or throw up if I try to push it. Seems like my stomach cannot only hold so much weight.

I can deal with that, I suppose. My real concern is that I have pretty bad nausea and "sour stomach". All day it feels like it's very possible I could throw up. I've actually missed a lot of work lately. I missed all of last week because my stomach was churning so badly.

This side effect didn't come on until about mid-May (about 2 weeks). It has persisted for the last 2 weeks. I have read a lot hear about getting through the worst and riding out the side effects. Any ideas on how much longer I'll have the "sour stomach"? I've already had it for 2 to 2 1/2 weeks. I don't mind the decreased appetite (I've lost 5 lbs and I need to lose more) and I'm sleeping just fine. If the stomach doesn't get better, I have to wean off fluoxetine because I can't lose my job because this drug makes me feel like I have the stomach flu.

Just yesterday morning, I even vomited a few times. I had nothing in my stomach so it was just heaving up spit but the contractions were just like throwing up.

I've tried motion sickness pills, Pepto Bismal, TUMS...nothing helps the stomach.

Also, just curious: anyone feel a tightness in their forehead? I picture it like someone injected Botox into my forehead. It doesn't bother me. I just find it strange. I have had that since I started fluoxetine.