Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sertraline side effects?

Re: Sertraline side effects?

I was exactly the same with citalopram a few years ago - never did take them! And there have been times when I couldn't finish a course of penicillin, so ended up with recurring chest/throat/sinus infections...

We know it's irrational, but we can't help it

Yes exactly. I still haven't managed to start them

Hi

I've been on 50mg of Sertraline (Zoloft) for about 5 months and I haven't put any weight on. In fact, I've actually lost the weight that I put on from being on Seroxat for 10 years before that. I think Zoloft is considered 'weight neutral' (it doesn't seem to cause weight gain like Seroxat). Hope this helps.

Jax

Hi Karen

When i was diagnosed with depression 2 years ago ive been on an off sertraline. Its a great drug and it does help, the side effects kill you for a few weeks but then you get back on track... i LOST weight on these... however i was on 200mg which is the highest dose and i lost so much weight cos of the depression and anorexia the drug causes... it does make u feel ill... like your going to throw up but you dont

hope that helps

i'm on 150mg of sertraline and i've lost weight as my appitite has dissapeared and been feeliong sick...but not sure if thats the anxiety or the sertraline.

i know that when i came out of hospital when they increased it from 100 to 150 i put on about half a stone, but my psych said that was cause i was feeling better and hadn't been eating before i went into hospital, and VERY unlikly to be because of the sertraline.

i came of zispin cause of weight gain, and loved prozac cause lost weight!

how ou doin g now???

love
    LucyE

Hi I'm new to the forum ,just wanted to introduce myself and really in need of some advice

I too was put on Sertraline 50mg because of a sleep dis-order I was having.(I'm an Ashmatic so my GP could'nt prescribe my sleeping tablets)

I've been taking them for about 6 days and had some side effects , the most noticeable being acute arousal disorder and extreme difficulty achieving orgasm whilst having sex of which really worried me as I've always had a very high sex drive before starting
    Sertraline, and never had a problem ejaculating, in fact I more than often premature ejaculated

They have calmed me down to an extent but Im worried if this continues it could effect my relationship

I have stopped taking them for the past 2 days and still having trouble having sex.

Should I carry on Sertraline, in hope this problem will finally eraducate after its in my system, or should I just stop them completely and get back to my normal sex life and life with an abnormal sleep patern...advice needed!

Has anyone had the same troubles?

Please help

Many Thanx
    Last edited by Allsop; 18-03-10 at 00:23. Reason: .

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Allsop View Post
    Hi I'm new to the forum ,just wanted to introduce myself and really in need of some advice

I too was put on Sertraline 50mg because of a sleep dis-order I was having.(I'm an Ashmatic so my GP could'nt prescribe my sleeping tablets)

I've been taking them for about 6 days and had some side effects , the most noticeable being acute arousal disorder and extreme difficulty achieving orgasm whilst having sex of which really worried me as I've always had a very high sex drive before starting
    Sertraline, and never had a problem ejaculating, in fact I more than often premature ejaculated

They have calmed me down to an extent but Im worried if this continues it could effect my relationship

I have stopped taking them for the past 2 days and still having trouble having sex.

Should I carry on Sertraline, in hope this problem will finally eraducate after its in my system, or should I just stop them completely and get back to my normal sex life and life with an abnormal sleep patern...advice needed!

Has anyone had the same troubles?

Please help

Many Thanx
    I'm on sertraline 50mg too and one of the problems I've had is reduced libido. It gets better after several weeks but you have to be patient I'm afraid. It varies for people too in terms of severity, with some people experiencing no problems at all.

I think you should consult your GP before you just quit taking them though because I think sertraline is the only SSRI that I've taken that's had a positive effect on my sleep.

This is an old thread but welcome to the forum and I hope my reply helps.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information