Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chest Tightness

Re: Multiple PVCs in a row, please help!

I have been recently diagnosed with PVCs - My Holter recorded 12000 PVCs in 24 hrs (so yes pretty bad). They come in runs sometimes - sometimes every 2 beats and sometimes every 3. Sometimes subtle and at other times with a string thud.

I think I seem to notice them more now that someone has told me that I have them. The doctors did all the tests and said they are benign. However - it is still very disconcerting and everything I do to think about something else isn't working. I am also coming to terms that it is anxiety (struggling to believe that anxiety can do this).

debera and srinux27 thank you for responding! Thank you for responding. I am feeling a little better. I called the doctor but decided that I am going to trust him that I am healthy and good. I'm just going to keep track of the ones that I notice and start journaling when they happen. Debera, I hope your PVCs have slowed down. It's funny how when they happen I can be absolutely terrified of them, but actually thinking back on them they do seem benign because I have been living with them for a long time and have been told they are anxiety. srinux27, I know how you feel. Even though I have been told that it is Anxiety for 10 years now, it is still very hard for me to come to terms with the fact that something isn't wrong. I imagine I will wear a holter monitor eventually, if anything to give me peace of mind. Stay strong my friend! You will get through this!

PVCs during a workout?

Has anybody every had these during exercise? It doesn't happen all that often for me, but I have heard that if they happen during exercise then it is a little concerning.

I'm glad your feeling better. My PVCs have slowed down. Had a few this morning and then a few this evening. I have had them for a long time also they went away for along time and so did my anxiety. When they came back it was so upsetting. The doc did tell me they would probably come back. Now to really convince myself its just anxiety.

Yep I do on a daily basis. But as the the doctors have told you .... you are fine Don't let them worry you.

Quote Originally Posted by srinux27 View Post
    I have been recently diagnosed with PVCs - My Holter recorded 12000 PVCs in 24 hrs (so yes pretty bad). They come in runs sometimes - sometimes every 2 beats and sometimes every 3. Sometimes subtle and at other times with a string thud.

I think I seem to notice them more now that someone has told me that I have them. The doctors did all the tests and said they are benign. However - it is still very disconcerting and everything I do to think about something else isn't working. I am also coming to terms that it is anxiety (struggling to believe that anxiety can do this).
    I'm in your boat too.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: PVCs during a workout?

Quote Originally Posted by zacman777 View Post
    Has anybody every had these during exercise? It doesn't happen all that often for me, but I have heard that if they happen during exercise then it is a little concerning.
    If you've had all the tests and been told you're fine I wouldn't worry about it. Happens to me during exercise sometimes. It happens worse when I've finished exercising and I'm in post workout recovery.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Heart Palpitations during/after run

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Re: Heart Palpitations during/after run

Thank you Elen! And thank you everyone for responding! Just had a scary episode at work. It was one of the big thump PVCs and instead of just accepting it I felt my pulse. It was kind of fast, which isn’t surprising because I had that rush up adrenaline right after the PVC because it caught me off guard. But right after I “felt” like I was short of breath, which could also be from the shot of adrenaline, but none the less it scared me to death. I know for a fact I’ve had those ekgs, and the doctor has listened to my heart, I don’t know if I’ve ever had the ECG or ultra sound to look at my heart. But based on what I have told my doctor he has never suggested one. This is so hard because I do believe the doctor and I know he has my best interest, but I feel like I haven’t done all the tests to rule anything out. I’ve never had a stress test, or the ecg, or the 24-48 hour Holter monitor. I know I haven’t had them because the doctor does not believe I need them, but my goodness this is hard. Anxiety is so dang crazy, I’m glad that I have this amazing supportive community here to talk to people.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Yep I do on a daily basis. But as the the doctors have told you .... you are fine Don't let them worry you.

I'm in your boat too.
    Thank you for responding! I hate that other people deal with this as well, but it is comforting to know that we aren't alone out there. Hope you are doing well!

---------- Post added at 10:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    If you've had all the tests and been told you're fine I wouldn't worry about it. Happens to me during exercise sometimes. It happens worse when I've finished exercising and I'm in post workout recovery.
    The doctor has told me I am fine, but sometimes I feel like he goes back and forth. I tell him about them when I'm just sitting or anxious and he says that I'm good as long as they don't happen when I'm working out because the heart beat tends to normalize when it goes up. But then I tell him about it happening while lifting or during a run, and he still doesn't seem to be worried. He'll order and EKG and listen to my heart and say everything checks out fine, but it doesn't happen while I'm in the doctors office, so he isn't seeing or hearing during an "event". This anxiety is so exhausting. Gotta figure it out though, because I think it has given me constant high blood pressure, and I know that's not good no matter what is causing it. Thank you for your reply!

Heart worries of course

Does anyone on here have these symptoms when they have what I am told is a panic attack? Racing heart, dizzy, shortness of breath/not getting enough air. I know these are common with anxiety, but here is my issue. I've always been told that if you are checked out by your doctor, you need to trust them, which I have to an extent. But now that I'm older I wanted to go through my medical history and just put my mind at ease. When I went to the hospital for the first time I had all of these symptoms plus the tingling. I didn't remember this because I always thought it was just anxiety, but on the discharge portion, the doctor said that I had a moment of SVT (superventricular tachycardia) so that freaked me out a bit as symptoms of that are very similar to the symptoms of a panic attack. However the rest of the records, even the EKG they did at the hospital makes no mention of that, it just mentions sinus tach (fast heart rate) and high blood pressure. As I've gone through my history, the only test I've had done were EKGs in the doctors office when those symptoms weren't present, and he listened to my heart. Fast forward to today, I was having a bad morning. Racing heart, dizzy, the breathing issues and all the fun stuff so I decided since it was happening, I would go to the doctors office and see if they could get it on me during the symptoms. As I got there, the symptoms were still happening so I was ready to finally get one of these things on paper and see what was going on. Instead however, they made me first check in which makes sense, but then I had to wait, be seen by the nurse to check my weight and blood pressure, which was up of course, and then had to wait even longer for the ekg machine to get in (about 10-15 minutes after the symptoms seemed to subside) which by time that happened everything had mellowed out and I didn't feel dizzy and the breaths weren't labored and my heart rate was down to 106, I should mention that the reading on my apple watch while driving to the office hit 142 at one point. Sure enough when the reading came out all it listed was sinus tach. So the doctor said that I was good to go, and suggested that I go back on ssri's which I am trying so hard not to do after finally coming off of them. I guess I'm just looking for some solace. How can all of this happen and it not be a heart problem?? Has anyone ever caught on of their panic attacks on a heart monitor and everything still checked out fine? Any advice or words of encouragement would be absolutely amazing. Thank you all so much!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information