Thread: Does anyone else get this after spending a lot of time with people?

Does anyone else get this after spending a lot of time with people?

This will sound silly but I wanted to see if anyone gets this too. I've noticed this happens to me after spending a lot of time with people besides my partner who I am pretty much with 24/7. It happens with both people I am comfortable around and those who I am not.

Yesterday after spending hours with my partner's family at a funeral was a good example of it happening. We used to not get on but now that we are getting married, we are all making an effort to get on and got on brilliantly yesterday. Right after we left them, although I was happy we had a good time (despite grieving of course) I felt so physically and emotionally drained and it felt like I could hear their voices in my head. I know it was probably just my thoughts or internal monologue but it was so loud and distracting. Sometimes I would just 'hear' them say my name or it would be nasty things such as things I say about myself inside my head, if you know what I mean? I tried to put music on to block it out and watch TV but it didn't go away 100% and I couldn't sleep for ages because of it and its still here a little this morning.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Re: Does anyone else get this after spending a lot of time with people?

In their voices instead of your own? I get that a lot. But it came from me stepping back and avoiding socializing in my teens. I even hear my voice saying cruel things in other accents, I know that's really strange! Are they are not who you thought they once were because they're being nice?

I always feel physically and emotionally drained after spending longer time with people. It's like having a people-hangover. I keep replaying what they said and what I said. And it's all so loud and I can't get it out of my mind. But it always fades away after day or two.

After being with people i feel i can't wait to be alone, just getting in my car is a relief. I like being alone and shutting my front door at home i sigh a relief!!

I know what you mean about being around people. I'm usually fine for a couple of hours and then i find it starts to take its toll. By the time i get home, i find i am shattered by the effort of interacting with others. Love the peace and quiet.

After being with people for a while I just wanna go hopme and be left alive ne to recharge my batteries...I Also can't stand too many vo Fed and much noise ..sometimes I even switch off if I'm with people that keep talking and talking..

Thread Information