Thread: Jobs for people with social anxiety

Jobs for people with social anxiety

I was wondering what jobs would be suitable for someone like me who suffers from social anxiety. If you sufter also, id love to know what you do for a living.

I am struggling to find something suitable that doesnt fill me with dread. I am desperate.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Re: Jobs for people with social anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by kieranf17 View Post
    I was wondering what jobs would be suitable for someone like me who suffers from social anxiety. If you sufter also, id love to know what you do for a living.

I am struggling to find something suitable that doesnt fill me with dread. I am desperate.

Hi Kieran.

I got my Hgv licence when I was 22. It's expensive to pass all the tests but I know a lot of people that struggle with social interaction and like their own company enjoy the solitude of driving the roads without a boss looking over your shoulder or having to deal with the public. The only people you really have to deal with are the people you deliver to or pick up from.

One thing I would say though is it would be easy to become even more isolated and less social taking a job like this.

I know from personal experience that even though it's bloody hard, pushing yourself a little out of your comfort zone in terms of work can help you feel like you have a purpose and build your confidence a lot. I went from driving a truck to being a deputy manager in the transport office. Never thought for one moment I'd be able to do that.

Another job role that might be a good starting point in terms of minimal social interaction is a data input job. Basically just entering data into the computer for an office. Maybe a little boring but it's an income and might give you confidence to go further.

All the best bud.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Jobs for people with social anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by kieranf17 View Post

Have you thought about freelancing? The laptop lifestyle might you.

Thread Information