Thread: Taken Bad Reaction

Taken Bad Reaction

Hi

Im in bed feeling awful...

I am very sensitive to medication and i tried the citalopram a few years ago starting on 10mg.

After the 3/4 day i took a bad reaction

The GP asked me to try again as they are a good drug so i thought i would start real small on 5mg.

Im on my 4th day of 5mg and i awoke in the night with panic attacks & migrains

Im reacting badly again BUT on 5mg

I have what i can only describe as a burning pain shooting through my body which brings on a panic attack, loose bowls & hightens the migrain.

Its really frightening and last time ended up in A&E but im trying not to panic and see these through as there coming on and off every 10/15mins

My family have said to keep on them and persavere but with sufferin anxiety its using up all my energy and i dont feel i can.

I have a fear of meds because i am so sensitive

Has anyone else had ths reaction?...

Re: Taken Bad Reaction

Hi Lisa,

I'm on Day 7 (20mg) - On day 2, I crumbled, having the worst anxiety attacks/symptoms I've had in ages. I phoned GP there and then and got given some propranolol - I was in no mood to argue about taking anything that would help at that point. They certainly helped the anxiety but wiped me out and so days 3 & 4 were spent in bed

I'm also not good with these, or any meds and this is my second time around too, but this time I want to persevere, because reading some of the stories here show that it will get worse before it gets better

I've just been to GP again this morning who says I don't have to take the propranolol constantly and can just use it as required, which makes me happy as placebo effect or not it's a prop to help get through the worst of these early Cit days.

Hope you feel better soon!

Thank you Suzy for your reply.

I was also sensitive to Amitriptyline & Nortriptyline but experience other side-effects... I suffer with alot of nerve pain to so i really do need a drug to help calm down my nerves & pain

Looks like i'll be going down the list to see what suits me

Any ideas on a drug that is general tolerated by all?

Thank you

Lisa

Hi Lisa, you're welcome

I don't really have any advice to share as I'm new to all this (because last time I never even got to day 7 - and it was Prozac last time so different thing)

The Propranolol is a Beta Blocker so doesn't help with the pain, but should at least calm the worst of the anxiety attacks/symptoms, well it is for me anyway - from what I've been reading the only 'safe' Pain Killer to take is Paracetamol?

I'm averse to taking even it, the less pills the better, and it's not been enough to shift my headaches the last few days anyway

If you haven't already, read through some of PsychoPoets recent (epic but good ) threads they're full of good information and replies.

However your GP is likely your best port of call for a pain killler that might go along with Cit if your nerve pains are a known condition too

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone, and it's nice to chat, I want to persevere and I'm with your family and hope you do too!

.Suzy.

Thread Information