Thread: Weird feeling in left side of the body

Weird feeling in left side of the body

Hi all,

I wanted to hear your opinions on this weird symptom I started having on the left side of my body...

One day I was walking on the street and suddenly felt a weakness in my left arm and leg. The leg was even shaking a little when I stretched it. It felt as if I had done physical excercises that exhausted the muscles. This feeling then slowly faded after a couple of hours.

Today it returned, but felt slightly different. It was as if I could feel my left side (arm, leg, part of my head) better than the right one. It wasn't weaker, it wasn't numb, it just felt more hypersensitive. I was aware of my clothes touching the skin, etc. Very difficult to explain in words! I don't want to sound crazy, but at that moment I felt a very strong distinction between the right and left side of my body. Almost as if it was cut in half. Of course, I still felt like both sides belonged to my body, it was just that they felt differently. It wasn't a negative feeling either, but being the hypochondriac that I am, I still panicked.
    I told my mom about what I was feeling. She used to work as a neurologist and told me that this sounds to her like brain ischemia. She said we have to get my blood flowing and gave me some wine to drink. Soon afterwards, I started feeling better and the weird feeling faded.
    I should point out that a few hours before, I had a muffled hearing sensation in my left ear. As if it was stuffed with a cotton ball. And there was also some ringing in my ears. It went away after a couple of minutes.

I don't know how much of it really is physical and how much psychological. Could this be caused by stress/anxiety? Or is it perhaps some neurological condition? Thank you for your replies.

Re: Weird feeling in left side of the body

Hi, im feeling similar symptoms too.mine stick around for hours during the day and are sometimes accompanied by a headache and stuffy ear. I was just curious as to why your mum wouldn't have called emergency services as ischemic issues usually mean lack of blood to the brain. Does that mean there can be benign causes As she would know, being a neurologist? Anything I see on Google says impending stroke or blocked corotid artery. Did your mum offer you any reassurance from a medical perspective?

Thread Information